《53》

SIYA'S POV

Dad had called. He had informed us that they would be reaching in five minutes max. So all of us stood at the door step to welcome the newly married couple.

The gates opened and a car entered. It stopped in the drive way. Dad and Naira came out of the car. Dad was wearing his usual suit, his most important accessory - his watch and had gelled his hair. Naira was wearing a red saree and was dressed like a newly married woman you know with that chudas covering her forearm, mangalsutra around her neck, vermilion filling her hairline and minimal makeup.

I've never seen her in a saree!!
So it came as a surprise to me...but she was looking breathtakingly beautiful and the little blush that newly weds have on their cheeks enhanced the beauty all the more.....

I remember mom also used to dress like this always and roam in the house....

Dad and Naira reached the doorstep and stood in front of us.

"Naira", Ahana said excitedly and hugged her.

"Yes my baby", Naira picked her up in her arms and kissed her cheek.

"You both are looking so perfect together...this literally means Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi....lemme ward off the bad sight", Pammi Aunty said and warded off the bad sight by putting some kajal behind their ear lobe.

Pammi Aunty did their aarti and put a teeka on their foreheads. She then placed a kalash(pot) filled with rice right in front of Naira's leg and asked her to kick it slightly. Naira kicked the pot slightly and they finally entered inside.

"Its so good to be back home", Naira said excited.

"Not forgetting the pains and hardships we have gone through to bring you here", dad continued and Naira smiled at him.

"Siya has a surprise for you both", Pammi Aunty said suddenly and my eyes got wide.

"What surprise Siya?", dad asked confused.

"Nothing....nothing dad", I said stuttering.

"I'll show you come", Pammi Aunty said and took them to dad's bedroom and opened the door.

Dad and Naira looked at it surprised with wide eyes and open mouth.

"You did this Siya?", Dad asked shocked as he had always doubted my skills.

"Yeah...she did it for your first night", Pammi Aunty replied.

"Thank you baby....its so beautiful", Naira turned towards me and hugged me. I hugged her back.

"Your welcome", I replied and she released the hug.

Dad hadn't spoken anything till now. He was just staring at the decorations, probably doubting right now if I was the one who did this.