Home sweet Home

It was 12 past 10 when the Malhotra's reached their mansion.

Malhotra's had an exquisite mansion. It was huge. It was by the lake side too. Saanjh thought to herself that this is way bigger than her tiny 2bhk apartment she stayed before marriage.

A lady in her late 50's and a bunch of middle aged men all dressed in white and black opened the door. They were the Malhotra's staff.

'Saanjh...This is Maria ... she is with the Malhotra's for the longest. Infact she's even been taking care of Shraddha and Vardhan since childhood' Arti introduced Maria their head staff to Saanjh.

Saanjh just smiled at her. The lady passed a warm 'Welcome Madam' to Saanjh.

While Maria handed over the Thali to Arti...Arti welcomed the newly weds to their house with the thali and also kept the red colored thali at her feet.

'This is where you'll live forever beta...that's why repeating rituals beta...' Arti said...Saanjh smiled and followed all the rituals.

They were all very tired. Saanjh looked around the house. It had huge sit out area, almost a mini temple with the goddess idol there. Saanjh looked around. It looked beautiful and elegant.

Arti nudged her shoulders and back saying...'I'm tired...I don't want dinner Maria... maybe send me a glass of milk.' Harshavardhan asked Maria to repeat the same for him too while they walked towards a lift.

'Sorry beta my back is hurting... make yourself comfortable...I really need to hit the bed she said cracking her neck...' Arti told this to Saanjh with a tiring tone. She clearly had muscle catch due to all the travelling and function.

While Saanjh nodded her head with the smile.

Arti and Harshvardhan got down at first floor. Saanjh looked perplexed. She was still absorbing the surroundings.

The minute she saw Shraddha and Nipun get down at 3rd floor and still noticed Vardhan not stepping out..her heart started beating faster and a confused look loitered on her face.

Shraddha noticed it and kept a hand on Saanjh's shoulder saying

'Dont look so confused. We all stay in the same house. But we have our privacy.
Mom dad stay on first floor, I and Nipun occupy 3rd floor since last 6 months and Vardhan stays in the pent house on 5th floor. 2nd floor is the gym and 4th floor has our own mini party hall and business rooms in case of any urgent meetings if Vardhan or Dad wants to work from home...I'll tour you the mansion tomorrow...go get yourself some sleep now...feel comfy ok!!!' she said with a smile.

Saanjh froze.

Staying with him ...all alone? What kind of joint family is this. She thought. 'Staying with this monster damn....god just isn't too kind sometimes !!!' she blamed her fate.

The lift door closed after Nipun and Shraddha left while now the lift had only Vardhan and her.

Her worst nightmare was live.

While Saanjh was still in her deep thoughts. They hit floor 5.

Saanjh and Vardhan stepped out of the floor. The lift opened to a lobby area with a couch and they inturn stepped into the living area. The entire space was with a complete white setup...with white wooden Furniture, a dining area and an attached kitchen area followed by a huge bedroom that had a balcony with a private pool and the room and balcony had a beautiful lake view...breathtaking it was....A coffee table and comfortable lazy chair to soak enough sunlight. The balcony had an extended space with a punching bag and some weights kept there. She thought this place is so bright, they could have put up some plants rather than wasting the space around the pool. She slowly looked around to look a huge cupboard with loads of books kept within. Looked like a mini library.

She was already in awe of the place. It was beautiful, classic, elegant.

'You liked the place?' Vardhan asked Saanjh...
She didn't want to talk to him but the setup was beautiful...she replied a 'Hmmm' nodding her head with a yes...

'Great... make yourself comfortable... There's kitchen and there's the bedroom...in case you are hungry you can grab something from the fridge or just dial onto 9 that's the the extension to ground floor. Maria aunty or one of house help will get you anything you want. But if you want some light snacks...I guess there are some eggs, some instant noodles there. Ahhhh yes...there must also be some muesli and corn flakes and some milk cartons too... You want anything else just call on 9 he repeated' while digging onto his laptop lazing around the bean bag in the living area.

He's working now??? She thought...she looked at the time...it was hitting a 1 already. He's so much changed since years she thought to herself looking at a serious face that was eyeing the laptop via the spectacles.

She looked a little confused as in where to keep the luggage. While Vardhan looked at her struggling and he asked her 'Any help??? Hmmm there's a seperate section of cupboard created for you ...you can keep your clothes and items there...I have a call in another 5 mins... I have to get some details.. you please explore the bedroom and make yourself comfortable. I'll join soon' he said while putting on his headphones And getting on a call.

'Join soon...huhh...who wants him to join in' she thought

She looked around the cupboard Vardhan told her about. She dragged the door open to notice a section was already filled with some jewellery and expensive sarees. She wondered looking at them. They were all expensive designer clothes and there were boxes of jewellery. She didn't want to meddle with them as she didn't know whose were those. She just kept her suitcase and started unpacking only some necessary items.

She quickly went into a space that probably looked like a mini changing room. She was happy as she hated changing in washroom. After all she stayed alone last 3 years and was used to change clothes in any nook and corner of her then house.

She changed in her pajamas as she quickly wore a baby pink t shirt and off-white floral pants...She threw herself on the king sized bed wondering if it was an apartment, a mansion or a 5 star hotel. People stayed together yet on different floors. They literally have a lift running around floors. She wondered if they communicated with each other anytime other than breakfast or what. She missed her family.
But she was fine with the set up in a way as she didn't have to oblige to a typical household set up where you do this and that for your husband and as you are obliged to please him inspite of whatever bigger asshole he is.

She loved everything about the floor or room or setup... except with the person she was supposed to share it with.

She lazily moved her body on the soft sheets of the bed freely while she heard a voice 'You aren't hungry?'

She quickly got up to sit straight correcting her position.

Vardhan stood there removing his jacket and picking his tracks from a cupboard opposite to hers.

Saanjh was a bit nervous now. She's going to share a room...a bed with this demon...she thought...

She avoided this encounter last night thanks to her sleep who locked her husband up in balcony the entire night.

But now...

They were alone... Just her and Aarya it is .....

The room lights went from white to dim yellow while her body lightly shivered.

Vardhan changed into his tracks and had switched off the main lights and the dim yellow night lights were on now.

She looked at him in the dim light. He had a tall aura. A huge bulky chest...the tshirt that pressed against his chest assured her that he definitely hit the gym regularly.

While she noticed him take small steps towards the bed.

Her heart was beating so fast that she could literally hear the heart beats.