Brotherhood

~All the things that I know, that your parents don't. They don't care like I do, nowhere like I do. 'Cause I care about you. There's nowhere I'd rather be than right here around you~ Khalid & Kane Brown.

Chapter Theme Song: 'Saturday Nights' by Khalid ft. Kane Brown.

°°

Third Person POV

"Damn...Rain's house is...amazing." Arden gasps, his eyes bulging out of their sockets as he stares up at the grey walls. Aiden is equally as astonished as he regards the modern infrastructure.

"Told ya," Alex smirks, extending his hand toward Arden. "My money. You said if it was as big as I said, you'd pay me fifty."

"Could you three assholes hurry up?" Alaric frowns as he leans against his car. He's supposed to be at work, but he wanted to stop by to check on Rain. They heard about her being ill and figured it would show some amount of concern if they came themselves to check on her.

"Dude, I'll pay you after school, go knock on the door before Alaric loses his shit."

"You better pay me Arden, or I'll murder you." Alex makes a 'V' with his fingers, points it to his own eyes, then to Arden who friskily kicks him in the ass and pushes him toward the door. "Hurry the fuck up, idiot."

He rubs his rear as he knocks on the door a few times. When no-one answers, he glances at Aiden in wonderment. "Maybe they left already."

"No way, An would have told us."

"Yeah, but I have been trying to call him all morning, it keeps going straight to voicemail. Seems his battery died or something."

Aiden scratches his forehead. "Just try again."

Alex pounds again, then Aiden folds a fist and does right after. Finally, footsteps can be heard as they approach the door and Aiden shrugs his shoulders arrogantly, stepping back. "You weren't knocking loud enough, baby-knuckles." He laughs.

Alex gives his brother a deadpan expression, drooping his eyelids. "That was so fucking lame, dude, your jokes are always so lame, you should just stop trying."

"Something here for you boys?" Jeff now stands at the door, arms coiled across his chest while his eyes travel among the brothers.

Alex snaps his gaze to the man, then glances over his shoulders briskly. "Yeah, sir, good morning. Rain...is Rain here?"

Jeff narrows his eyes, a clear look of displeasure etched on his features. "And what do you want with Rain?" He reaches out to grip the doorknob, indicating he does not plan on conversing with these boys for too long.

"We just need to see her, that's all." Arden shrugs, shoving his hands in his pockets.

Jeff regards them with a judgmental glare, eyeing their attire from head to toe. His eyes drift to the gates where Alaric leans against his Chevelle, smoking a cigarette casually.

He rolls his eyes. "I suggest you boys get off my damn property." He gestures to swing the door close when Aiden stops it with a palm, sighing apologetically.

"Wait, we're sorry if we're taking up your time, but Rain is kind of important to us and we just want to check on her, we brought a few stuff for her as well, so if you could pass on the message and tell her that we're here, we would greatly appreciate it."