Sunrise

My dreams felt so calm and content. I slept so easily after finally revealing what I truly felt all along.

I realized I was embracing something.

I was holding onto someone so soft, so warm, so comforting...

I open my eyes and in my hands is a couch cushion.

Jungkook wasn't in my arms.I look around the living room.

"Jungkook?" I call out.

Where is he?

I check every room in the apartment. I call him from my phone and nobody answers.

Thud, Thud.

There's footsteps above me.

Since my family lives on the top floor of the apartment building, occasionally, we hear footsteps from people who go on the roof.

But barely any ever goes on the roof, especially in the cold weather of November.

Unless...

I check the time on my phone. 6:02 AM.

I exit my apartment and quickly run up the stairs to the top of the building.

The sky is an infinite deep, featureless of black and I can't find anybody.

Until I notice a dark silhouette standing near the edge of the roof.

I walk closer and identify the figure.

"The beauty after a storm is mesmerizing. The grass is glistening like candy, there's a tranquil state of feeling, the birds start chirping again..." He whispers.

I gulp. "What are you doing here, Jungkook?"

He turns around and smiles grimly at me. "Just admiring the view of the city. So many lights, so many buildings. All under one sky. I never noticed this beauty until I had a view so far up from the ground."

I step closer. "It really is so mesmerizing. But I feel you should move away from the edge of the roof. It's a bit dangerous..."

Jungkook stands on one foot and hops closer to the border of the building. "Like this?"

"NO!" I place my hands on my chest. "Jungkook, stop. You're scaring me!"

He puts his leg down then sighs. "I've been scaring myself so much lately..."

"What happened? You seemed so peaceful last night."

"Oh, dear Y/n..." He says like a lullaby.

"Don't you know depression is an immortal beast that strikes when its victims least expects it?" He whispers.

Jungkook gazes vacantly at the city. "But yes, something did happen."

"What did?"

"My dad. He called me and told me that I'm the new leader of the Bangtan Boys. He revoked Namjoon's position and he wants me to be the heir of his mafia empire."

I'm shocked. "B-but why? Namjoon wanted to be the leader. You didn't."

"He thinks Namjoon is too weak to rule. He was impressed when he heard about me almost killing Chao with my bare hands. He believes I have the potential to be a cold-blooded murderer."

I widen my eyes. "This is all my fault-"

Jungkook shakes his head. "No. This was all bound to happen. My mother left most of my property in my name anyways. Namjoon wouldn't be able to inherit it, so my dad wants me to control all of the businesses. My mom's and his."