17

[17

[17. INTRUDERS]

Guards gathered up everywhere and turned on the big searchlights. After that, an explosion happened.

Asami and you jumped at the sound. "What was that?! What's happening?!"

"An intruder must have gotten in!" Asami yelled and grabbed your hand. More and more explosions happened, one after another.

In the exact same moment, Bolin and Mako came flying through the air and fell in front of you.

"Oh my- Guys what's happening?!" You yelled and kneeled down to help them get up. Bolin groaned.

"They've got Korra! Th-the people that were after her.. We have to stop them!" Mako explained as you helped him get off the floor.

"Look!" Asami shouted and pointed at the guards. "They have it under control, I don't think the bad guys can get away easily"

It was true, the metalbending guards had a lot of fighting experience and they were strong. How much longer can they keep this up, though?

Lin and Suyin Beifong, had taken their own place in the battle as well. The Beifongs and the guards were taking huge square pieces of metal and they were putting them around the villains.

They were creating a fort around the villains, so they couldn't escape. Smart move, you thought.

"We have you surrounded, it's over! Release the avatar!" A guard warned and stayed in her place, ready to fight.

Suddenly, hot lava appeared around the villains and melted the fort around them. You widened your eyes in shock and took a step back.

"No way!", Bolin gasped with enthusiasm. "That guy is lava-bending! That's awsome-.. ly not good for us.."

The villains were 4 in total. An airbender, a waterbender with arms made out of water, a woman with a third eye and an earthbender, who could also lava bend.

You gulped, as you watched the guards struggle to hold them off. The airbender, started to gather up air with his glider but a guard managed to tie his two arms together and get him away from Korra.

The avatar, was probably still unconscious. More and more explosions followed, making you stressed. The woman with the third eye.. She was the one causing them.

Lin, Bolin, Asami , Mako and you, were currently hiding behind a pig piece of metal. Mako ordered you and Asami to stay down, while he and the other two earthbenders fought.

Suyin and two of her sons rushed to you. You were all behind the piece of metal.

"This is the safest city hah? How did they get in?!" You asked, panicking.

Then, another explosion happened and everyone covered their ears.

"I don't know! But we are not letting them escape y/n!" Suyin yelled.

"There is no way we can cross that moat!" Asami noted.

"We don't need to cross it. Lin and I could drop in from the dom on cables." Suyin said.

"That's a great idea. Except we'll get blown up the second that third eye freak sees us." Lin commented and rolled her eyes.

"She is a combustion bender, if one of you can hit her , her powers will be knocked out temporarily!" Suyin explained and glanced at all of you.

"I can land a shot" You stated courageously. Everyone turned to look at you surprised.

"You can?!" Mako asked and raised his eyebrows. "Great!" Asami cheered and smirked.

"No, Bolin will do it, he is an earthbender after all" Lin argued.

"You have to take her out, before we drop down." Suyin explained and took a deep breath.

"Alright", Bolin nodded. You huffed and sat back down. Lin and Suyin left to get to the dom. You were waiting for them to get in position.

"We're in position", you heard someone say from the radio. "Copy that" Mako answered to them. "Bolin, it's time"

"Okay, it's Bolin timee!", Bolin said and breathed out.

There was chaos everywhere. Bolin tried to get the combustion woman's attention by throwing rocks at her.

She turned to face us, but the other villains did too. Bolin tried to attack her multiple times but failed each one.

"I can't get a clean shot!" Bolin shouted and got down to his knees again.

"Give me that" you said and grabbed a rock out of Bolin's hands. "I'll do it", you said and peeked over from the piece of metal.

"What? No! I mean, are you sure you can do that?" Mako questioned, his eyes full of worry.

"Now!" Asami shouted. Without having time to think, you got up and threw the rock as hard as you could.

Just as she was about to shoot an explosion to Lin and Suyin, the rock you threw hit her in the eye successfully.

"Haha nice job y/n!" Mako cheered and high-fived you.

"I'm good at hitting targets, it's like a secret talent of mine." You bragged and smiled proudly.

"Really? I didn't know.. You've never mentioned it" Mako mumbled, confused.

"There is a lot you don't know about me Mako", you smirked.

Lin grabbed Korra and managed to get her out of there, with Suyin's help.

"We failed!" The bald airbender yelled with anger and with his glider, he surrounded himself and his buddies with smoke and dust.

In the blink of an eye, they disappeared. Somehow, they managed to escape. You froze in your place, wide eyes and your mouth hung open.

You recognized that voice. The airbender's voice. It was.. familiar. But you couldn't remember from where.

"Am I going crazy?" You muttered under your breath, rubbing your face.

-
oop- yeah, y/n has a special talent. She has a good shot! That's all you need to know for now.

I love reading your comments and answering some of them, it makes my day! So just keep commenting whatever you guys want😌

See ya on the next chapter ☺