Chapter 39 - Awake

You opened your eyes and you see that you're in a completely new place. It looks like an apartment, but you weren't sure. You hear people talking, but you didn't know who. You were laying on a couch and you tried turning your head, but you were in too much pain at the time.

Kate: Easy there, slugger.

You see Kate walk up next to you.

Kate: How're you feeling?

Y/N: I'll... I'll be fine. Where are we?

Kate: We're in a apartment. Eleanor found it. It's just me, her and Tripp right now.

Y/N: What? Where's Clem? Javi?

Kate: Well, Javi decided that he needed to be involved in David's fight. He went to the church with him and still hasn't returned. Gabe went out looking for him, despite my protest. Now both of them aren't back.

Y/N: And Clem...?

Kate: Tripp told me that she told him that she was going to find the whereabouts about your kid -- what's his name? AJ, right?

You nodded.

Kate: Anyway, yeah. She also said for you not to worry because she will find you before she leaves Richmond.

Y/N: Okay... Good.

Kate: She really cares about you, huh? Tripp told me that she looked so devastated when she saw that you were unconscious. He even said that she tried to convince them to let her carry you or something.

You laugh.

Y/N: Yep. That's Clem alright. She's very stubborn. Good thing she didn't carry me because... well, she would regret it. But I'm sure she wouldn't really do it.

She laughed.

Y/N: But yeah. I'm all she's got and she's all I got, so we're very protective of each other.

Kate: Aw. That's really sweet. Anyway, we are just waiting to see if Gabe and Javi'll show up. So you can rest or whatever until then.

You nodded.

Y/N: Thanks, Kate.

You layed back down on the couch and close your eyes. You could hear Tripp talking.

Tripp: Eleanor, can we talk? It's important.

Eleanor: Do we need to go somewhere private?

Tripp: No. The kid's asleep and Kate's in another room.

Eleanor: Okay... What's up?

Tripp: Whenever Prescott got raided, we lost everyone we knew. It's just us left.

Eleanor: Don't remind me... I miss Prescott... Conrad... Francine.

Tripp: Well, when that happened, it got me thinking. And I've been think real hard... and I think we should be... a thing.

Eleanor: I'm sorry. I don't know if I feel like that. That way.

Fucking ouch. You then heard a door open and you Javi and Gabe. Kate walks out of the room and hugs him. You got up and walked over to them.

Javi: Hey... you still pissed at me?

Kate: Just shut up while I'm hugging you.

Javi pulls away and looks at you.

Javi: Good to see you on ya feet, Y/N.

Y/N: Good to see that you weren't actually captured.

You walked over to the kitchen, where Tripp and Eleanor were.

Eleanor: Oh, hey. Tripp... look who's here.

Tripp: Hey! Guys, uh... where have you been?

Javi: Joan locked me and David up. She took David... I don't know where he is.

Eleanor: What is going on here in Richmond?

Javi: We just can't trust Joan. She's trying to remove David from power by pinning murder on him.

You see Ava walk out of a room. When the hell did she come here?

Kate: I'm sorry about what's going on with David, but we should've gotten out of here when we had the chance. We still need to leave.

Javi: We need a plan. We almost got caught last time, when we just made a run for it.

Y/N: And I'm not leaving without Clem, so yeah.

Eleanor: Have you guys even looked out the window? Go look for yourself.

You, Javi, and Kate walk up to the window and opened the curtain.

Y/N: My God... There must be thousands...

Eleanor: Javi, even if you did get your brother free, you're not going to be able to go anywhere.

Y/N: Now... now. You could always cover yourself in walker guts, but... you'd probably get caught.

Kate: We should've left when we had the chance!

Javi: It's not my fault that a herd showed up.

Kate: We had an opportunity. I'd rather take my chances out there than in here.

Y/N: If you left you would've been caught in that herd. It's good that Javi decided to stay.

Ava: He's right, you know. 

Tripp: It seems like we're in danger within this place and without. I, for one, would feel a helluva lot safer if we had some guns.

Kate: Is that the smartest move to make right now?

Javi: He's my brother, Kate. I have no other choice. We have to rescue David.

Ava: Damn straight we do.

Y/N: Seems like the best plan at the moment.

Gabe: I know where there's guns! He showed me. There were lots.

Ava: The armory. Good idea. Only a small group should go.

Javi: Okay, sounds like a plan. We'll try to be back soon.

Y/N: I'm gonna tag along, you know, in case we ran into Clem.

Javi: Okay.

Eleanor: Good luck and be safe.

You, Javi, Ava, and Gabe exited the apartment and made your way towards the armory.