Bonus

ARCHIMEDES

" It's good that you're back, man!" Titus clamped my shoulder as our ceremony ended. I grinned at him, thinking about those times that I haven't seen them.

Five years. It took me five years to come back here. To her.

" Fuck, I still couldn't believe that you took the oath! Talagang tinotoo mo ngang dito ka magre-residency? at magta-trabaho?"

I lowly chuckled. " Life in the US is hard."

Titus smirked. " Life without her is hard, is that what you're saying? Man, five years. Do you think Solandra's still in love with you?"

That caught me off guard. Of course, that's the biggest question. But I am holding on to her promise. She will only love me. That's she promised me five years ago. She may cut off our communication, pretend I don't even exist but I am holding on go that promise that she will only love me because I remained in love with her for the past years. No sleepless nights could prove how much I missed her. Just by looking at her instagram pictures is not enough just to fill the need to hug and kiss her.

" I may not be certain but she promised me. She never broke a promise." I told Titus. My asshole of a friend just shook his head as if what I said was ridiculous.

When the ceremony ended, I went to my parents. Sila lang ang nakakaalam na umuwi ako, maliban kay Titus at Carin na nakita lang ako sa oath taking ceremony. Carin was shocked to see me in the ceremony but I told her to keep it a secret. No one in our group of friends knew that I took the PLE instead USMLE. I could have if I wanted to but five years is enough for me. I need to be back here. I should be back here. And I am fulfilling my promise to her.

When the next oath taking ceremony started, I just waited outside with Titus. Si Carin ay susunod mamaya para sa pagtitipon ng aming mga pamilya.

When the last ceremony ended, I felt my heart beat so fast as I waited for her to come out of that hall. Numerous people went out but my eyes searched for her green ones.

It feels like my world sudden stopped spinning when she stepped out of that hall with her parents by her side and her wide smile was so evident for the world to see.

When she saw me, she stopped walking, her eyes wide and almost glistening in tears. My heart swelled as I scanned her beautiful face.

Five years.

Five years and yet, here I am still in love with her. She's the only one who could make my heart beat faster, makes my blood rush and makes me nervous every damn time.

I took a stepped forward and so is she. Nasa kaniya lang ang tingin ko, at siya rin sa akin. It's like we were in a movie. And this is where we meet in the middle.

" Hi," I said breathlessly as I neared her. I felt my tears at the side of my cheek. I didn't know I was already crying. I bit my lower lip as I felt it quivered. See how you affect me big time, Solandra?

" H-Hi." she smiled amidst the tears in her eyes. Walang pag-aalinlangan kong pinunasan ang luha niya. We both chuckled under our breaths.

" Five years." I whispered to her. Inangat niya ang tingin sa akin. There was longing in them and love, I suppose. Alam ko, nararamdaman ko.

" Yes, five years." she nodded and leaned on my hand that was caressing her tear-stained cheek.

" Five years and I am still in love with you." I smiled genuinely, just staring at her eyes hoping she could feel my sincerity. I felt her hand in mine. They were soft despite of how restless our lives had been.

" Five years," she pouted her nude colored lips. " I am still madly in love with you. I kept my promise."

Mahina akong tumawa at pinagdikit ang aming noo. My breathing feels light but deep in side I was struggling to keep up the pace of my frantic heart. It was a restless beating for a restless love.

" I love you, Solandra. I am back home for you. This time, I'll stay, no matter what happens."

" I love you too, Archimedes. This, this is our fulfilled eureka moment. And I am always grateful to have this moment with you."