xiv. battle cry [part. II]

chapter 14 - battle crypart

part. II

"GROUNDERS!!"

Immediately, all of the delinquents turned around and ran back in the direction of the camp.

"Move! Move! Move!" Bellamy demanded.

It was complete and utter chaos as everyone shouted and ran for their lives. Upon entering the camp once more, they immediately closed the gates behind them and Jasper and the others took to the gunman's posts.

"I don't see anyone!" Jasper shouted, waving around his gun aimlessly.

As everyone scattered about, Andy and some others took hold of Raven and helped her into the dropship, as Clarke and Bellamy stood looking cautiously over the fence.

"Where are they? Why aren't they attacking us?" He questioned her.

Clarke thought for a moment, wondering the same thing. "Because," she began. "We're doing exactly what they wanted us to do."

He looked at her weirdly. "What are you talking about?"

"Lincoln and Dakota said that the scouts would be the first to arrive." She reminded them.

"Yeah but if it's just scouts, we can fight our way out," Octavia claimed. "What do you think, Dakota?"

The grounder girl sighed. "I honestly don't know. I mean, I think that's what my brother would do."

"Well, we're done doing what that grounder would do. And you for that matter." Bellamy stated, making Finn hurry to defend her.

"Hey, that grounder saved our lives!" He pointed out. "I agree with Octavia. For all we know there's one scout out there."

"One scout with insanely good aim." Jasper cut in.

"Clarke we can still do this," Octavia told her, making everyone direct their attention to the blonde.

"Looking at you, princess," Bellamy stated. "What's it gonna be? Run and get picked off out in the open, or stand and fight back?"

Clarke looked out into the distance of the woods one last time before turning back around and facing her peers.

Finn rushed to stop her, "Clarke if we're still here when Tristan gets here with—"

"Lincoln said 'scouts', Finn. He said to 'get here before the scouts arrive.' Well, they're already here." She replied, then turned to face Bellamy.