Chapter 57: Lars of The Stars

Steven's POV

Connie and Lion are seen on the porch of the Beach House. Lion is lounging around, and Connie is standing beside him, carrying a backpack, Rose's Sword, and wearing her father's jacket.

Connie: *calling out* Steven, come on!

Steven emerges out of the house, carrying a white package with a pink bow.

Steven: Sorry. I just had to make sure I had everything.

Steven grabs one of his teddy bears off-screen and places it on top of the package.

Steven: *walks out of the house* I bet Lars will really appreciate this package his parents put together for him. And MC Bear Bear! To hug if he gets scared.

Steven puts the package in Connie's backpack.

Connie: I'm so excited we're finally going to have a space adventure together. *closes her backpack* Steven and Connie in space!

Steven: I'm not so sure this is gonna be an adventure. Last time I saw Lars, he was huddled up in a dark cave with some other Homeworld fugitives.

Connie: *looks down* Oh. Yeah. *puts back on her backpack* Well, I'm ready for anything.

Steven: Lion. You ready?

Lion stands up and rolls over, exposing his belly and making a purr-like noise. Steven and Connie gazes in admiration of his cuteness.

Connie: Eee!

Steven: Oh, my gah.

Steven and Connie compose themselves and look at each other seriously.

Steven: We have to stay on task.

Connie: Mm.

Lion rolls upright, and Steven and Connie enters his mane.

Scene Change; Pink Dimension

Steven and Connie emerge from the pink savannah, holding their breaths. They spot "Lars' tree" in the distance and nod at each other.

Scene Change; Unknown Spaceship

Steven and Connie, holding hands, fall out of Lars' hair and land on the floor.

Steven: Aah!

Connie: Waah!

Steven and Connie turn over and notice Lars is sitting in a chair, wearing a uniform.

Lars : *surprised*Steven?

Steven: *confused* Lars?

Steven and Connie look to their side as they hear someone speaking on a live video feed in the ship: a green Gem with a green, square, faceted gem where her right eye would be.

Green Gem: *yelling angrily at Lars* It's over! I've got you now, you miserable Off Colors!

Lars : *gets up and points at the Gem* You'll never take us alive, Emerald!

[Title Introduction: "LARS OF THE STARS: REANIMATED OFF-COLOR SPACE PIRATE"]

Steven: W-What is... going on?

Steven and Connie look around the green interior of the spaceship they are currently in, and spot the Off-Colors controlling the control panels of the ship.

Padparadscha: *looks up and raises her hands* Captain, I'm having a vision. We're about to be discovered... by Emerald!

[Title Introduction: "PADPARADSCHA: TECHNICAL ADVISOR WITH THE POWER TO PREDICT THE PAST"]