𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺.

┏━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

┗━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┛

MANDO WAS THE FIRST ONE to wake up after several hours of comfortable sleep. Nowadays, rests like that were unusual and rare to him but it really did help.

He turned to look at Aeryn who was leaning on his side, the child peacefully sleeping as it was engulfed in her arms. Mando's lips formed into a small, genuine smile.

Mando leaned closer to Aeryn, gently planting a soft kiss on her forehead. He, then, gently caressed the head of the sleeping child.

It became certain to him that this, right here, is his family. And he was willing to do anything to protect it.

The Mandalorian carefully stood from the floor, making sure that Aeryn was still comfortably sleeping. He headed for the pilot seat, wearing his beskar helmet on his way.

Mando was checking on some controls when suddenly, a hologram message pops up from his side.

It revealed a message from a person he never thought would still be alive: Greef Karga.

"My friend, if you are receiving this transmission that means you are alive. You might be surprised to hear this but I am alive too. I guess we can call it even...."

˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙

"NEVARRO?" AERYN ASKED, surprised of what she had just heard.

Aeryn had been awake for at least half an hour now when Mando decided to tell her about the transmission he had received.

Of course, she was taken aback but preferred to truly understand the situation they're in first. Making quick judgements weren't healthy, in her opinion.

"Yes." Mando answered as he set the course of the ship. "It seemed like an acceptable deal."

"But you don't actually believe him, right?" Aeryn held the child close in her arms. It was watching the pair as they talked. "I mean, it could be a trap."

"I know." Mando replied and turned to see Aeryn. "That's why we need to bring someone else we can trust."

Aeryn's eyebrows furrowed at Mando's words. She shifted her gaze from Mando to the child, watching it as it cooed.

"Who do you have in mind?" Aeryn asked.

"Cara."

Aeryn nodded in agreement and looked into where she knew Mando's eyes where.

"Alright." Aeryn replied, letting out a short sigh. "I'll go with you."

Mando, then, pulled a lever and before they knew it, the Razor Crest jumped into hyperspace.

˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙

SORGAN STILL LOOKED THE SAME.

There were numerous trees, grasses, and the sky was still clear blue. Just like how it was when they left.

The pair found themselves taking the familiar path to the common house. The path that included the smell of delicious food.

Mando led the way while Aeryn followed beside him, the child safely engulfed in her arms. It was watching the two of them as it rested.

"Hit him!"

"Yes!"

"She's winning!"

The common house was filled with loud cheers, the sound of coins clinking, and the loud chatters of everyone.

In the middle of the area, there stood Cara Dune, the familiar ex-shocktrooper they came for. She was currently having a laser tethered boxing match with a Zabrak male.

"Wanna bet?" Aeryn asked and turned to look at Mando who stood beside him, watching.

They were in the back of the crowd that was circling around the ongoing match.

"No need." Mando answered and pointed his hand to the fighters' direction.

Aeryn quickly turned to see what Mando was talking about and saw that in a matter of seconds, Cara had already won.

A proud smile made its way across Aeryn' face. She felt proud and happy for Cara at the same time.

"She's awesome." Aeryn commented as she shifted her attention from Mando and Cara.

Mando gently touched Aeryn's left cheek in acknowledgement. It was quick and yet, it made the violet-eyed girl's heart flutter.

The Mandalorian, then, headed to where Cara was. Aeryn quickly followed behind.

"Pay up, mudscuffers!" Cara ordered as creatures of all kind approached her. "Come on. That's mine, thank you. Thank you." she told them with a smile plastered on her face.

"Looking for some work?" Mando asked and Cara was made aware of his presence.

The ex-shocktrooper smiled at the sight of Mando walking her way. Aeryn followed behind him, the child engulfed in her arms.

"Can't believe you're still with this guy." Cara told Aeryn as the three of them stood in the middle of the common house.

"I enjoy his company, that's why." Aeryn replied and gently placed the child on the ground. She walked closer to Cara, greeting her with open arms.

Cara returned the gesture and the two of them hugged each other's. There were smiles on their faces, cherishing their tiny reunion.

Aeryn was the first one to let go and faced Cara.

"We need your help." Aeryn told her, making Cara's eyebrows furrow.

˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙

MANDO, CARA, AERYN, AND THE CHILD all sat on one table. Cara was the only one sipping from a small cup of spotchka.

There were only a few people now inside the common house. Silence was abundant and crowds could no longer be seen.

"It seems like a straightforward operation. They're providing the plan and firepower, I'm the snare." Mando told Cara as she carefully listened.

"With the kid?" Cara asked, her eyebrows furrowed.

"That's why we came to you." Aeryn was the one to answer thus time. "We need someone we can trust."

"I don't know. I've been advised to lay low. If anybody runs my chain code I'll rot in a cell for the rest of my life."

"I thought you were a veteran." Mando stated.

The Zabrak boxer from earlier came by their table, placing some coins in front of Cara.

"Come back soon." Cara told him sweetly. She returned her attention towards Mando and spoke. "I've been a lot things since, most of them carry a life sentence. If I so much as book passage on a ship registered to the New Republic I'm--"

"I have a ship. I can bring you there and back with a handsome reward. You can live free of worry." Mando cut her off

"I'm already free of worry. And I'm not in the mood to play soldier anymore." Cara replied, gently shaking her head. "Especially fighting some local warlord." she pointed her cup towards Mando.

"He's not a local warlord." Mando leaned closer towards Cara. "He's Imperial."

There was a short silence after Mando spoke. Cara slowly nodded, thinking about Mando's offer.

"I'm in."