Chapter 26

Haley

"One more game?" He asked giving me a puppy face.

He definitely have pulled this trick numerous times. It must have worked for him before.

"Tomorrow?" I said with a guilty smile. I'm determined to stand at my decision.

"Once more, pretty please." He said with a pout and I sighed.

"Fine." I said. "Only once." I give him a stern look, while he have a wolffish grin on his face.

We played until one pm because we both held onto our pride and was not accepting that the other party won.

I laid down on his bed and groaned. I'm sleepy and tired now. I closed my eyes briefly to relax after straining them while playing the game.

I heard him standing up from bed and walking somewhere. I curled up in a ball. I will get up in few minutes- I said to myself. His bed was soft and warm and smelled of laundry and him. It smelled good and feels good and before I knew it. I was asleep on his bed.

The next morning, I rolled onto my other side and my head was touching something and I feel soft like hair touching my forehead. I opened my eyes and was startled seeing Archer in front of me. I covered my mouth to avoid waking him up. His body was facing me, his arms folded and he looked quite peaceful while sleeping. I moved away from him. I shouldn't have closed my eyes even though it was a brief moment. I quietly got up from the bed. I wondered what time it was as I made my way downstairs. I was glad Mrs.Nolan was not in the kitchen. I looked for my phone and sighed only fifteen percent is left. It was six-thirty in the morning. I think he's late for his run. I made my way to the washroom. I looked awful. My hair was in a mess and I looked tired.

I showered and got ready for the day. I wore a black top and grey pencil skirt and heels for the day. I tied my hair in a high pony tail.

Archer was walking down the stairs when I stepped out of my room. He seemed relieved to see me? His hair was in a beautiful mess and his blue eyes was looking at me cautiously.

"Are you okay?" He asked quietly.

"Yes? Why?" I asked.

"Nothing." He said.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep on your bed like that yesterday."

"It's okay, I didn't really mind." He said and I didn't know what else to say. "I will get ready for work as well. I will go for the run in the evening." He explained and I nodded my head.

"You look beautiful." He said taking in my outfit and I smiled shyly at him.

"Thank you." I said.

"I will go and get ready." He said blinking a couple of times before heading back upstairs.

Mrs. Nolan arrived fifteen minutes later when I was making breakfast for Archer and I.

"Am I late?" She asked flustered as she looked at the clock.

"No, you are not." I assured her. "I got you cover." I smiled at her.

"Thank you." She said relieved.

I poured some juices on the glasses and put the pancakes on the plates. I found maple syrups and put it on the table. I washed the different berries and then add it to our plates.

Archer came down wearing a light blue button up T-shirt. He put down his coat on the couch and was fixing his cuff links.

"Where is Mrs.Nolan?" He asked.

"She went to check the laundry." I said. "You need anything?"

"I need help with my tie." He said as he showed me his tie.

"You don't know how to do your tie?"

"No." He said a little embarrassed.

"I can help you if that's fine with you..." I said.

"That will be great." He said as I took the tie from him.

I put the tie near his collar and stepped closer to help him with his tie as he quietly watched me. He's very tall which is why I had to stand on my tip toe even though I'm wearing two inch heels to help him with his ties.

He smelled wonderful, body shower, after shave and Archer. He smells really good. I tried to do as neatly and as quickly as possible. I don't want to do anything stupid in front of him. I avoided his gaze even though I know he was looking at me.

"We are all good." I said to him as I stepped back to admire my work.

He give me a smile and said, "Thanks."

"Well, breakfast is ready." I turned away quickly hoping that my heart would stopped beating crazily and the butterflies in my stomach would leave me alone. I don't want to admit, but I think I have a crush on my boss. I think I'm in so much trouble.

"The breakfast is delicious." He said. "Mrs.Nolan doesn't make pancakes often. She found a new recipe I believe."

"You like it?" I asked.

"I love it." He said. "It's delicious. Much better than her previous recipes."

"Don't tell her that." I said.

"About what?" He asked. "That this one is better than her previous one?"

"Yes." I said. "She.." I paused to think. "She may feel upset about it."

"Why? I should tell her that I like this better, so she can cook this more often than the previous one." He said. "She's very open to suggestions and criticism."

"Not early in the morning. She just started her shift." I said.

"But when will I tell her about it? I will forget about it." He said confused.

"I will let her know." I said.

He give me a questioning look but then shrugged. "Okay, maybe you can sugar coat it."

"Sugar coat?" I laughed.

"Yes." His eyes twinkled.

"I will make sure to sugarcoat and pass the message to Mrs.Nolan."

"Thank you, Ma'am." He teases.