Earth Mode ON: TWENTY TWO

[--, 2018, Seoul, South Korea]

"KIM NAMJOON! KIM SEOKJIN! MIN YOONGI! JUNG HOSEOK! PARK JIMIN! KIM TAEHYUNG! JEON JUNGKOOK! BTS!" I shouted at the top of my lungs as they performed in the MAMA of 2018.

Such a moment was something both Bangtan and ARMYs wished for deeply, and the fact that they were standing there, on stage, displaying their hard work to everyone and performing their choreographies in front of millions and millions of people was something that changed their lives and ours forever. Even if they end up not gaining that award, they will still gain everyone's respect, and more love from their ARMYs, their one and only ARMYs.

Their performance was done and by the time they sat down, my voice has disappeared. My parents didn't even bother checking in on me because they were already used to my screaming whenever an event was held. I watched the rest of the performances with a little bit of interest. I was too curious to know who won the awards show to the point where I just wanted to skip all performances just to reach this suspenseful moment. After watching for too long, it was finally time to announce the winner.

I held onto my ARMY bomb with anticipation and bit my lip nervously.

It is okay if they don't win... it is okay if they don't win....

That was what played in my head as I tried to lower my expectations so that I wouldn't end up being disappointed, not in them, but in myself.

"And the winner is..." the host said before taking a look at the piece of cardboard in front of her. My eyes widened and I started mumbling weird stuff to myself.

"Bangtan Seonnyeondan!" I heard and that was enough for me to throw myself on my bed and start screaming and jumping up and down. I wiggled and squirmed and shouted.

The moment I was done, I found my face stained with tears. I didn't even remember that I cried, but I guess I did. I sat down as it was time to hear a speech from our leader. However, it wasn't our leader who took it upon himself to give us the speech. It was our ray of sunshine and flicker of hope: J-Hope.

The members were all standing there, aligned perfectly as JHope held the award and started with his speech. The tears that were obvious in the members' eyes broke my heart, even though I knew those were happy tears.

I immediately started crying the moment JHope decided to speak. He too was a hot mess and was crying to his heart's content. The members looked like they were holding back, and I didn't blame them for wanting to cry.

"ARMY, I worried a lot before coming here. I want to show you our best all the time without any mistakes so we always prepare the stage with worried hearts. This award... I would've cried today no matter if we won this award or not. I wanted to repay because we worked so hard and received so much love from you guys. Thank you so so much and I want to say thanks to the members who are together with me at this moment. Thank you. I love you," that was his speech that sent me crying already.