Chapter 18: August's POV

(Warning: This chapter contains sensitive topics such as mentions of Rape, beware!)

It had been a week since we had taken Malikai, Freya, and Vanya home. They mostly had kept to themselves, only leaving their rooms to eat and go to the bathroom. When they sat at the dinner table they didn't talk; they just watched my parents and I's interactions. Ella was spending the night over at my house tonight because in her words she was "fed up" with being babied.

"I mean honestly though, they'd wipe my ass if I didn't banish them from the bathroom. My mom has slept with me every night this week, it did not help that I had gone in heat the day after y'all took in the strays." She put her hair in a messy bun.

"You went in heat? Why didn't you tell Raven and I?" I asked.

"My mom handled it this time, she took me to the cabin and stayed the entire time. This was the worst one I've ever had, Greta was crying for her mate the entire time. It felt as if someone was scorching me with an iron." Her voice was wavering at the end. "Longest 4 days of my life. It's embarrassing when I'm in heat in front of a family member." She visibly shudders.

"I'm shocked your mom was able to fend off the 4 shit heads." I laugh mentioning her brothers, knowing it had always been a problem when she had gone into heat. Raven and I would get her out of the house while her mom fended off her four younger brothers who didn't have complete control of their wolves quite yet.

"My daddy fended them off." She grinned. "Anyways, tell me about your strays? What are they like? I haven't seen them yet."

"Well they keep to themselves, they barely leave their rooms, and my parents don't want to push them too much. Alpha Kent is wanting information other than their names, he's wanting to know their packs, and how they managed to leave their packs unnoticed. If you want my opinion, I don't think it should matter how they got out; but more importantly, that they got out of that situation at all.." I rest my head on my palm.

"Why do you say that?" She tilts her head to the side.

"One had bite marks, not just one, several... It was like he went into heat and a whole gang of dominant wolves devoured him alive. Ella, he looked absolutely dead inside, his eyes don't have light of hope in them anymore. Then the other two, Vanya looks like someone took clippers to her head and intentionally nicked the skin on her head. She's jumpy at loud sounds and she's afraid to do anything without asking. Freya, she's just doom and gloom, she had silver chains around her neck, arms, and legs. The scarring tells me it was a regular occurance for her." I furrow my eyebrows, frowning. "They don't do much, they stay in their rooms, barely leaving the room to eat and go to the bathroom. I think our pack will be a big culture shock for them."

"Well I think our pack is the change that they need." She smiled. "Do you think I can try and get them out of their room and get them in here to watch a movie or something? I wanna get to know them, and I know you're dying too as well. C'mon." She nudged her shoulder with mine. "I bet they're more comfortable with you." She jumped off of my bed and opened my door, dramatically moving her arm and directing me out of the room.

"You're lame." I roll my eyes, climbing out of the bed. "I'm not expecting them to want to get out of their rooms, but let's give it a try."

"Not as much as you are." She lets out a huff. "I bet they're excited to learn about our pack."

I made my way toward Malikai's room, and I knocked on the door softly. I waited a few moments, hoping for the omega to come to the door. His hair was up in a bun just like Ella's. I look over his shoulder noticing that he had his desk filled with sketch paper, and drawings. "Hey Malikai, my friend Ella-" I point toward my friend, "and I here want to know if you would like to watch a movie with us?" Malikai blinks at the two of us.