Chapter 28: The Alpha.

{A Year Ago.}

Hunter didn't know why he still had to go to school, he was after all the Alpha of the Night Howl pack, which is one of the biggest and the strongest packs in the States. His father, the previous Alpha said that it is so that he could bond with his packmates. But Hunter couldn't understand why, he grew up around all of them what more socializing was his father expecting?

Hunter scowled as he entered the school surrounded by his friends, Jason beside him was going on about this new game, but he couldn't focus on what he was saying, not that he always does, but ever since he stepped out of his car, his wolf has been restless, as if he would surface anytime now, Hunter had to do everything to keep his wolf under control.

And that is when he was hit with the smell of vanilla and almonds mixed together, it was very strong, making Hunter wonder who had swum in a pool of perfume and why would she even think that it was cool, smelling like a perfume factory, or atleast that is what Hunter would have thought if it was any other day, but now he was busy taming his wolf which was just a second away from making a show, and scaring all those humans in the school.

Hunter gave the reins over to his wolf in order to avoid shifting, though not completely, he was still partly in charge.

Hunter felt himself freeze, even the wolf within him froze, Hunter then heard the familiar voice of his wolf in his mind, 'Mate!'

Hunter stared at the person who seemed to be oozing the scent of vanilla and almonds. He didn't recognize her at first, but then he did remember her. Though not by her face but her hair seemed very familiar.

Hunter had been five years old when he had first seen her. He had been obsessed with the color orange. He had wanted to have everything in that color. From his clothes to his bed, had been orange in color, even his room had been painted in orange and orange is why he had noticed her crying her heart out in the kindergarten begging her parents not to leave her.

It had been her hair, which was close to orange. At that age, he had been very aware of Mates, your other half, he had even hoped that the orange haired girl would be his mate. Since he could have everything orange, why not a mate with orange hair?

But as he had grown, he had also grown realistic.

At the moment he couldn't even remember her name. For a moment he doubted that the smiling girl was her, but then he noticed the girl beside her was Michael's little sister, Melody.

That is when he was struck with what was happening. That person in front of him was his mate. His mate was a human. The fact seemed to even put his wolf down-a bit.

Hunter felt like someone was playing a joke on him, he wondered if the witches had done something to him or if he was chosen by the moon goddess herself to be pranked on just because she was bored. But no, it was September and not April, not that April is moon goddess's favourite month to play pranks.

If he were anyone else, Hunter would surely have ran up to her and pulled her in a long kiss, but Hunter wasn't going to do that.

As he was about to walk away acting like he had not just found his mate, her eyes met his. They widened, as if she could feel the bond between them. Hunter internally scoffed, as if she could feel it. He kept his face blank as he teared his eyes away from her.