Never Leave Your Side

"I'm gonna have to testify in court," Peridot responded looking to the side.

"That- That's a good thing. It means you get your justice, right?" Lapis asked, stroking her lover's hair.

"Y-Yeah.. I-It's just- after what happened, just ten thought of... ..Jasper makes me feel horrible in so many ways. I feel disgusting, weak, scared, confused, just- I dunno. I guess I just can't even bring myself to even be in the same room as her or see her in person again. I don't want to freak out or seem weak. But especially, I don't want her to hurt me anymore. It sounds crazy, doesn't it?" She asked.

"Those are completely normal emotions. You don't have to feel bad about any of that since none of it was your fault. However, just me saying that isn't gonna be much help, huh?" She responded sympathetically, petting the distraught girl in her arms.

Peridot shook her head meekly, looking down.

"I know. However, I promise to you, and you have my word that the entire time, I'll be there with you. I'll always be right there if you get scared. Besides, when the accused testifies, they always have police guarding them to make sure they don't hurt anyone. She can't hurt you now. I'll make sure to protect you," Lapis continued reassuring Peridot until she calmed down a from the anxiety.

        "Thanks, Lapis," Peridot replied.

        "Anytime."