Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

8 | Banana Peels

@AlecItoRussell: Hey, Nat! Nice to hear from you

@AlecItoRussell: Hey, Nat! Nice to hear from you. Not gonna lie, this was a little unexpected, but...

The urge to giggle slapped me across the face. Me? Giggle?

Shaking my head, I leaned back in the chair. Alec Ito-Russell messaged me.

I glanced around as if others were experiencing the same smorgasbord of feelings. A guy drooled one of the other desks in the small library as he took a nap, Google Doc on his screen abandoned.

The message lit up my phone again.

I gripped the chair's armrests and grimaced. No, Instagram. I'm not going to click to expand, 'cause then he'd know I read it.

To reply, or not to reply, that was the question. Basically, I became the whiny main character of a Shakespeare tragedy that never shut up.

The sleeping guy mumbled something in his sleep.

My jaw clenched. Since when did I become that girl, obsessing over boys? I had an article to hand in tomorrow, and I was farther in space than Pluto when Ty told me about whatever happened with a fan. Clearly, the Bathroom Incident™️ wasn't enough drama for him.

I tapped a loose fist against my lips.

Grabbing my phone, I typed out a quick message. There was one person who'd know what happened and lived in the same dorm– Micah Miller.

▿▿▿

I pressed a hand against the cold glass door to enter the caf.

A smattering of students sat on the uncomfortable plastic chairs spaced along the rows of long tables, but Micah was nowhere in sight.

Scratching my temple, I pulled out my phone and swiped into our conversation. I texted Micah in the library, and she responded right away. For sure, come meet me in the caf!

I passed the booths and round tables, but her blonde head wasn't there either. The burned stench from spillovers greeted me as I crossed into the area where they served food.

None of the late-night deep-fried snacks appealed to me. I scaped a hand through my kind of greasy hair. Yikes. After I got this article over with, a hot shower was next on my list.

I found dented stainless steel counters and hot plates that kept food trays warm for serving, but no Micah.

Rubbing a hand down the leg of my sweats, I rounded the corner to the deli section.

A group of students lined up at the cash, one girl among them.

I poked my tongue into my cheek. Same petite build as Micah, but no blonde hair. Er, kinda blonde hair? More strawberry blonde with highlights. A lot could change in two years, I guess.