Chapter 27

Haley

Breakfast went well and we left for work on time. On our way to the office, I reminded him his schedule for today. He scrolled through the iPad and checked some stocks and things like that.

Stephen and Grant was in the front while we were sitting at the back.

Archer was talking about some security check which I had no idea about and he didn't bother to explain it to me.

Stephen said he have everything under control.

When we reached Whistler.Archer said he wanted to stop by at the security office before going to his office. I've never been to a company's securities office before. It was bigger than I thought and with way more monitor and people watching the screen.

I guess you do need that many people to watch the company as it's big and anyone can walk in and do some crazy thing.

"This is Haley Lynne." Archer said introducing me to a tall-built up man, who have a military haircut. Archer didn't bother to introduce him to me. "Did Smith spoke to you yesterday?" He asked.

"Yes." The man said and give me a quick glance.

"Anything?" Archer asked and I feel so out of place all of a sudden? I don't know what they were talking about and I of course have no rights to question them.

"Not yet." The man said.

"Keep me posted." Archer said. He turned to walk towards the door. I followed behind him quietly and I watched Stephen and Grant stood with that man as they quietly conversed with each other.

We started our morning after that. Even though I replied to my mails last night before dinner. I still had emails flooding in my mailbox and sighed. It will take me forever to reply to them all. Most of them was to let me know that Archer had approve to schedule a meeting with them, but I have to double check with Archer before scheduling one.

I laid down the photocopies that I did yesterday in the conference room with bottle of waters, before the meeting.

"You can carry on with your work. We will be fine. Can you ask Janice to fix my closet ASAP?" He said as he looked at his watch. "They are late." He scowled lightly.

Just then few men and women walked in quickly and I think they can sense his annoyance as they apologized and found a place to sit. I exited and went on with my work. I emailed Janice and reminded her about fixing Archer's closet and then carried on with my task until the office phone's rang.

"Hello, Haley Lynne here."I said. "You called Whistler, how may I help you?"

"Hello Hayley." I heard a cheerful voice from the other side of the phone. "Where is my douche of a brother?"

I assume it is Wesley. Archer's younger brother calling from Australia.

"Hello, Mr.Rivera.. your brother is currently in a meeting." I said.

"Call me Wesley." He said. "I got an earful from my brother in an email last night because I emailed you." He laughed.

"I apologized for that." I said.

"You are no fun." He said and I wondered if he was teasing or not.

"I don't understand, sir." I said.

"What's his schedule like this week?" He asked.

"I'm afraid I can't share that personal information with you without his permission."

"I'm his younger brother." He said.

"I still can't. It's part of the policy." I said. "I'm sorry, sir. Is there anything I could help you with?"

There was a pause on the other side of the phone..

"It's funny, Ms.Lynne." He said.

I didn't say anything to him as I waited patiently for him to continue.

"Can you tell my brother to call me instead of emailing me?" I could hear his amusement. "It was nice talking to you, Ms.Lynne. I hope to see you very soon." I was not sure whether to take that seriously or not.

"See you, Mr.Rivera." And then he ended the call.

Archer returned back after an hour and forty-five minutes looking somewhat please.

"Ms. Lynne." Archer called out my name and I quickly stood up and followed behind him to his office.

"Anything new?" He asked.

"Some emails claiming you have agreed for interviews and meetings. I made a list and printed it out, here." I handed him the file. You can check mark on the box for the one you have approved and I will reply to them, immediately and also, Your brother called."

He looked up from the file I just handed him and looked at me. "When and why did he called?"

With a straight face, I passed the message of calling instead of emailing.

"D*ckhead." I heard him mutter faintly.

"Did he say anything else?" He asked.

"No." I said.

"Why do I find it suspicious?" He asked and I shrugged lightly.

"What you mean?" I asked.

He shake his head, No. "It's midnight there anyway, I will deal with him later."

"Would you like to have some coffee?" I asked so randomly that he burst out laughing.

"Ms.Lynne, we were talking about my brother?" He reminded.

"I thought I passed the message and we are over that topic?"

"You just passed half the message." He said. "I know my brother, he must have asked you about my schedule or ask if I have any girlfriend or seeing someone."

"I didn't give him your schedule." I said.

"You didn't?" He was surprised.

"Isn't that part of my job? To protect your information?"

"And he didn't push you to tell him."

"No." I said.

"Hmm." He looked amused and looked at me and I didn't like the butterflies in my stomach. "Thank you, Ms.Lynne and I apologize on behalf of my brother."

"He didn't do much.." I said.

"Yet." He said. "I heard he's very persistent and annoys my assistant a lot."

"I will keep that in mind." I said.

He grinned. "I think this will be fun to watch."

I wanted to roll my eyes but refrained from doing so.

"Anything else, Mr.Rivera?"

"That will be it, Ms.Lynne." He smiled.

"Thank you." I said and I walked out of his office.

I sighed in relief as I walked out of his room. I don't know when this feeling started to take place, it shouldn't be taking place anyway. It will never happen and he's beyond my league. At the end, it will be me whose feelings will be crushed. I walked back to my desk quietly hoping to busy myself and forget that thought.