Chapter 13

I was sitting on Xavier's soft bed as Andrea hovered over my injured leg. Xavier had brought me back to the house once I had calmed down enough at the hospital. It turns out his mom used to be a doctor but retired a few years ago when Xavier's dad passed him the Alpha title. However she said she was more than happy to help me out given what went down with the doctor. Considering I had already begun to trust Andrea I was much more comfortable with her checking me out.

Once I was settled in the bed with Andrea beginning to tend to me, Xavier excused himself from the room as he had a meeting with his dad to discuss pack work. Whatever that was.

Andrea was being as gentle as she could as she unwrapped the gauze the hospital wrapped my calf in. She was doing it so she could properly examine the damage and change the wrapping. The silence was deafening as I watched my wound come into view.

Teeth marks wrapped around my leg, showing clearly where the beast had clamped down his jaw. The wounds were deep and stung as the fresh air hit them. I could see the redness of the wounds paired with dried up blood and the formation of bruises around the area. Though it was an ugly sight to see I guess it could have been worse. It didn't appear to be broken in anyway despite the uncomfortable pain I experienced at Andrea's movements with it. "Sorry, dear. I just want to get a better look at it to make sure it will heal properly." A sigh left her lips as she took in the way it wrapped fully around my lower calf. "I apologize that this happened. I'm not sure how the rogues got passed our borders. We didn't want anything to happen to you if you went outside. That's why I asked you to tell Xavier first."

At the mention of my rule breaking behaviour, I lowered my head. I guess this is my fault after all. Andrea simply asked me to inform Xavier of my walk and I didn't even do that. But then again I wasn't aware they were werewolves and there was actual danger out there.

Noticing my guilt covered face, Andrea stopped the examination of my injury and gently lowered my leg to the bed. "Oh no dear, I'm not mad at you. After all you didn't know we were werewolves and probably thought a walk was harmless." She slowly placed her warm hand on top of mine showing me she truly wasn't mad, a motherly smile enveloping her features.

A small smile formed on my face as I grasped her hand back. Maybe I didn't trust her fully but she was more of a mother than my own and for that I wanted to show I was grateful. "Thank you." 

Her smile widened as she gazed at me with warmth. She patted my hand and then removed it after a moment, heading back to my injury. "No problem dear. Thank god Xavier was able to find you in time."

As she walked to a cabinet to grab some ointment to slather on my leg, I cringed as I remembered those beady red eyes. I had a feeling I wouldn't be sleeping well tonight, or for the next couple of weeks after this occurrence. I quickly shook my head trying to shake the thought as I racked my brain for something else to focus on. Unfortunately it fell on Xavier and I turned beet red as what took place earlier filled my mind. I still couldn't believe I allowed him to hold me like that. Or even touch me for that matter. It confused me to no end.

Andrea turned away from the cabinet as she finally managed to find the ointment she was looking for. However as her eyes scanned my current bright coloured face, a large smile broke out across hers. "Oh I see. I mention Xavier and your face becomes a tomato. I take it that would have something to do with the fact he carried you in here, wouldn't it? Or was there more at the hospital I don't know about?" Her smile was now a sly one.

My face somehow managed to get redder as I wished I could hide. I avoided eye contact at all costs however this confirmed that her assumptions were spot on. "Oh my god! There was more wasn't there." She rushed back over to the bed, sitting on the edge of it. "Tell me everything, I must know the latest on my son and his mate!" She looked like an excited kid on Christmas morning, about to get the biggest present ever imagined.