Chapter 31 Issues on Issues

Sitting in the corner sulking away from my friends grouped a few feet away from. Everyone surrounding Lloyd as he showed them a video.

The video of me singing.

The only reason I did it was because I was pushed onto the stage basically. Plus I think I sounded awful.

"I'm going to keep all of my emotions in my heart and I'll die," I mumble out staring at Lloyd out of embarrassment.

"You sound great, Y/n!" smiles Nya looking at me in the corner.

Moving my hands in a motion as if my hands were a mouth talking. Acting like what Nya said was a joke, but Lloyd was embarrassing me. I didn't like he was basically showing everyone.

I keep to myself. For a reason.

You know, family issues stick around for a long time.

Watching as Aria and Eli walking into the store. They were buying us groceries for dinner tonight.

Well, themselves.

I watched from my window peeking from the shades as they laugh with the store owner. Like they didn't leave their 'child' in the room without a meal again. As a form of punishment.

Letting the shades fall back into place I jump down from my stool. Sliding it back underneath my bed so they didn't see it. It wouldn't be worth getting another punishment for leaving something small out.

Slipping my hand between the mattress and the bed frame, feeling around for a paper clip. The paper clip I stole from a sheet of papers that had to layout on the table. I started planning for if I were to get punished again.

Sneaking food into my room, a glass of water, and the paper clip.

Gripping onto the paper clip and take my arm out from under the mattress. Shuffling my feet to the door of my door. Sticking the paper clip into the keyhole fiddling it around.

I never knew the mechanics of a door handle, only that the key who goes on the outside of the door. Not the inside.

Eli changed that when I first got punished. So I never left my room to get food.

Turning the paper clip, I watch as the keyhole turns too. Taking the paper clip out, I open my door looking out into the living room. But that wasn't as good as the kitchen.

A basket of fresh fruit picked from a tree or bush sat on the corner. Running to the basket, I grab ahold of fruit and biting into it. The sweet taste danced in my mouth as I chewed the fruit down swallowing it.

Unable to stop my empty hungry stomach, I bite again. Savoring the flavor like it was my last meal ever.

"Y/n!"

Goosebumps rose along my body as I jump looking towards the door, where the sound came from. My eyes stuck in fear gripping around the fruit. There stood Aria and Eli holding a loaf of fresh bread, just getting a whiff of the smell makes my stomach growl.

"What are you doing out!?" shouts Aria stomping her foot down on the hardwood floors.

"I... I was hungry..." holding out the apple showing it to them.

"How did you even get out!?"

"You dumb child! It's that awful power of yours! That's the reason you-!"

I screamed.

"Y/n...? Y/n? Y/n?"

Looking around the room, I see Lloyd crouched down in front of me. Really close to my face.

"What...what do you need?" I ask covering my cheeks knowing I was blushing at how close he is. As I analyzed every amazing feature of his face. If it's there, you might as well take it in well you can.

"I asked if you wanted to train with me, but you didn't respond," says Lloyd resting his face on his knees.

"Pouty much?" I comment with a smirk. "Or are you just seeking attention?"

"Both."

'Blunt boy aren't ya...'

"Fine, but help me up," I say holding my arms up.

He pushes his body up and he reaches out to mine. Holding onto mine, his soft big hands pull my body up. Quick I was to break the hand holding to rush to the training room.

"Hurry up boy," I call out entering the room.

A couple of mats rolled up against the wooden walls. A large punching bag pushed into the corner as if it was moved by someone. Not me, I haven't been in here in weeks.

"So, are we sparing with weapons or-"

Feeling my knees give out from a kick, I protect my head from a crash landing with my hands.  Spinning around I see Lloyd standing up with a smirk. "Never take your eye off the enemy."

Rolling my eyes I wrap my leg around his knees, pulling them towards me as his back fell back. Pulling my leg out I kick his knees down to the ground. "Don't be mean to friends."

Grunting as he rubs his head, "you got point..." Standing up brushing my knees off that were going to be bruised for days now.

"I'm also in sweatpants and a baggy shirt, that's a disadvantage," I point at my pants.

Pushing my foot down on his knees, "But I'm still the going to win."

His hand wrapping around my ankle, pulling it towards his face. My back slamming down on the ground, wincing out. Lloyd pulling my leg more towards himself.

"Let go of my leg!" I shout leaning up towards him, elbowing him in the stomach. A grunt escape he leaned up holding his stomach and not my leg.

Kicking my leg down onto his stomach, pushing my body on top of his. My feet pushing down on his knees and my forearm on his chest. "Gotcha..."

"What the name in Ninjago are you two doing in-"

The door swung open show Garmadon and Wu standing there looking down at us. "Oh..."

My mouth froze in place as I looked at Garmadon and Wu then at Lloyd. "Um... we're training...?" says Lloyd turning his head back looking at his dad.

"I... just... why don't we go brother...?" suggest Wu tapping his staff on the ground.

"Yeah..."

Closing the door behind them, I roll off of Lloyd to the wall. Leaning up against it looking at the door.

'They thought... no... did they... no, they didn't... right...?'

"...my son is a bottom..."