Chapter Four: The School.

After Bridget and Laura put their heavy bags in their room, they went to meet the principal, Miss Carine. The principal sent one of the maids to escort them to her room. Laura and Bridget walked along the corridors of the magnificent school while talking about the principal.

"Oh, I wonder what she will be like?" said Bridget.

" Well my mom said this principal is a new one, the old one passed away sadly ." said Laura

"Is this new principal her daughter?" asked Bridget bursting with curiosity.

"No, she is not. My mom said this new principal just took over."

"Oh......"

"Shh," Laura said. "We're here!"

There she was, the principal had black hair tied up in a bun, and two small shrewd black eyes behind her thick glasses.

Inside the office, the principal had a little talk with them and escorted them back to their rooms.

The principal was very kind and friendly.

"If there is something wrong, please do let me know," she had said. "Dinner bell always rings at seven. Don't be late."

"Well I do like our new principal" said Bridget to Laura.

"Yup, I like her too," said Laura

Back in their rooms, Laura sat beside Bridget and talked to her. Suddenly, a plan struck Bridget's head. " Well there's still time before the dinner bell rings, so let's go visit the other girls!"

"Okay sure, I'd love to see the other girls in our form ." said Laura

"Okay then, let's go!'' said Bridget, happily.

They visited the girls one by one. The first few girls were snobbish and rude. All they said was, "Go away, I don't have time for friends!"

So they went, not wanting to be included in the fight.

They soon found out that Petunia was the head girl of the first form.

Then they saw a first former, Laura and Bridget went up to her to say 'Hi'.

"Hi, my name is Laura , this is my best friend Bridget." said Laura to one of the girls in their form.

"Hi," said the girl. "My name is Lily, Lily Anderson."

Lily was a small girl with straight, black hair and small blue eyes.

"Hi!" said Bridget

"Wow, phew, we finally got some 'non stuck up girls' here,'' said Lily giggling excitedly. "Wait a minute please, I'll call my roommate, Cora Crosby."

"Cora, look here!" She shouted. "They are first-formers, just like us!"

"Oh okay, coming!" A girl shouted back.

Cora Crosby was very talented at music, especially on the violin. Cora was a girl with wavy brown locks, with stylish fuchsia glasses and a pointed chin.

"Hi, my name is Cora Crosby, How are you girls!" Cora greeted Bridget and Laura cheerfully.

"Hi, I'm Laura, we're good, "Laura said.

"Hi Cora, I'm Bridget, and I'm Laura's best friend."

Laura smiled wider when she heard that. Bridget said she was her best friend!

"You girls are way-not snobby." said Laura. "I'm so glad!"

"Good to know you aren't snobbish and rude like our neighbor, Petunia." Lily nodded toward the rooms next door.

"Oh," sighed Laura in disappointment "I've always thought this was a school with sensible girls not snobbish ones."

Well this school used to hold thousands of sensible girls but when our poor old principal died this wretched lady just took her place and made this place a palace. All the sensible girls' mothers decided to take their girls away from here," said Cora, recalling what her mother had said

"Wait, so you're saying Miss Carine is bad?!" said Bridget in astonishment. "She is nice!"

Lily shrugged. "She just stays in her office all day doing who-knows-what. But we don't know a lot about her."

"Wait a minute, how do you know so much about this school?" asked Bridget curiously, "I thought you're just first former's."

"Yes, but we've been here a term already. But the information I gave you was just what I heard from my mom who came here when she was young," said Lily. "But all you have to know is don't get on the wrong side of any of the mean girls and also don't get on the wrong side of Beth Mc.Creevey! Beth isn't mean, it's just that she is our form's class clown, if you make her mad, you're her next victim."

"My mum came here too!" exclaimed Laura. "And thanks for the tips."

"The dinner bell is about to ring," warned Cora. "We better get ready."

"Okay, bye, see you later!" Laura and Bridget said, while waving goodbye

The two girls smiled and waved goodbye.