↠ 17

"Fuck." Michael cursed as he angrily glared at the paper sitting on the coffee table in the living room.

You left your duties in the restaurant for now and immediately went to tell Rei. And that's what leads to an eerily calm Rei, a sailor mouth Michael, an angry Homura and an uneasy Aika. You had already told the truth about leaving the restaurant for a quick moment (to which Micahel gave you a glare) and Rei nodding thoughtfully.

"We'll have to fight them soon." Rei murmured under his breath.

"Soon? Why not now!" Homura said and she was ready to kill.

Rei gave her a look that made her stay still for a moment. "They already killed three people. How many more did you want to die?"

"Three? Wasn't it just one?" Aika spoke.

Rei shook his head. "No. There was one from earlier and two this afternoon. The news reported it like three hours ago."

"They know where we're located." Michael spoke up. "How did they even find us here? Do you think they followed the Doves?"

"Most likely." said Homura in a much calmer tone. She was obviously upset.

You frowned at that. "It had to be. They must have figured out we left the country."

"Just be on high alert and follow the rules." Rei said, his gaze never leaving the piece of paper on the table. "We'll make sure they're killed in a few weeks. I'll figure out where they're hiding and then we'll kill them all. Don't make any stupid mistakes from here on out." He lifted up his eyes.

They were void of any emotion at the moment. It was something you were familiar with but you didn't like it on Rei for some reason. It only reminded you of the fact that Rei was experienced in these types of organizations. Ones that would kill others mercilessly.

All of you nodded and with that confirmation, Rei picked up the piece of paper and left back to his room. The four of you finally let out shaky breaths. "Sheesh, he's scary when he talks about them." Homura murmured.

"Can't blame him." Aika shrugged her shoulders.

"We better listen to him from now on." Michael gave you a glare at that part. You only just averted your gaze away. "I have a feeling that there's a bloodbath coming."

You only frowned but there was another part of you that was slightly excited. And that scared you.

This time, you had the joyous honor of Rei and Michael walking with you to the university. You were tense all the way through. On your left, Michael continued to rant about your carelessness yesterday. It was familiar to hear and you were very scared of Rei who kept quiet this entire time. You did not like it one bit. Once you reached campus, you were ready to escape when the man of the hour finally spoke.

"I want you home by three."

You nodded and said your goodbyes. As soon as you started to walk off, Rei called out. "Oh. And you'll be cleaning the restaurant tonight again as punishment."

You let out a gasp and turned around to only see the duo walking away. Well, you knew that was going to happen. Ugh. You sighed but continued on walking to class. As soon as you entered, you found your only friend in the class.

You were about to greet him when you noticed that Yoongi was sleeping. Faintly, you could hear that his breath was shallow. That's how you were able to tell. You settled down next to him and checked the time to see that there was only a couple of more minutes until class started.

"Yoongi?" You poked his head. The male just shifted away and let out a mumble of protest that you couldn't quite pick up. "Yoongi? Class will be starting soon." You poked his head once more but with force.

Yoongi finally lifted his head and glared at you. "Why must you wake me up?"

You shot him one back. "Class is starting soon. Why are you even asleep?"

He yawned and stretched out his limbs. "Because Hoseok didn't like going by himself so early in the morning so he dragged me along."

"Ah, is it because of... y'know on the TV?" You hesitantly asked.

He nodded. "Yeah mostly. He just wants to be safe." Then he opened up his bag and took out his notebook. "Are you walking by yourself to class?"

"No, my siblings are." You answered. You really didn't care. You could absolutely defend yourself.

"Good." He responded and you opened up your backpack and didn't find your notebook for the class. It must have been the one Seokjin has. "Well shit." You angrily muttered and reluctantly took out your math notebook.

"Oh. That's what Jin forgot to give me this morning." Yoongi muttered and you sadly opened up to a blank page just as the professor walked in. As class began, you began to wonder; what message was Akai Ki trying to send?

Lunch rolled around and surprisingly, it was just you and Yoongi sitting at the table. "Where are the others?"

The male next to you shrugged his shoulders. "Their classes probably ran later than usual." He said and rested his head on his backpack.

"How early did you even get up?" You poked fun at him.

"I'm running on three hours of sleep." He answered and let his eyes close. "Wake me up when my next class starts."

You just rolled your eyes and let him sleep for now. You took out your phone and scrolled through it, finding a simple game to play. You just needed to pass the time for now. As you continued to play, you paused for a moment.

No. It couldn't be.

You scanned the area of the cafeteria. Most people were talking or eating. Except for the occasional student who was rushing to finish their assignments. Why did something feel off? You looked out of the windows. There were just people walking by.

You must be really paranoid. Slowly, you started to relax. Yoongi shifted in his sleep and let out a little sigh. You cautiously returned to your game although every few seconds, you took a look around at your surroundings.

Surely, Akai Ki would not be stupid enough to show up at the university, right? Or it's their pride that's talking for them.

As you anxiously waited, Seokjin appeared with a smile on his face. "Hey guys!" His eyes flickered to Yoongi who was still in dreamland. "Did Hoseok really get up that early?"

"Looks like it." You shrugged your shoulders.

Seokjin took a seat and then he exclaimed, "Oh! I have something for you!" He rummaged in his backpack and brought out your notebook. "You left your notebook back at our place and I forgot to give it to Yoongi to give it to you."

"Oh thanks!" You took the notebook and placed it in your bag. You also made sure that it was zipped up all the way. Hopefully it won't get lost again. Then there were sudden footsteps and a wild Jungkook appeared. His eyes were wide as he slammed his hands down on the table. That brought Yoongi out of his sleep to blink wearily at the scene.

"Have you seen?" Jungkook sputtered out.

"Seen what?" Seokjin asked, watching Jungkook with interest.

Jungkook inhaled deeply and started to whisper. "There was another homicide and it was one of the students from the high school down the street."