𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥: 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏

Before reading: If you're a fan of the Santiago family and don't like sad news I suggest you skip the first part and just go to where it says Samantha's POV because I'll be honest writing it even made me tear up.

°°°°°°

"Thanks for picking me up from the airport, dad." Vanessa smiled as they got to her floor at midnight. "Anytime, little star. I still can't believe you cut your hair that much." Shawn comments with a smile.

"Thought of trying something new." Vanessa shrugged. "At least you didn't freak like Topanga did." Shawn chuckled.

"Did she really flip out that much at first?" Vanessa asked as she got her keys out. "Yes, it was really strange to see her care about her appearance." Shawn nodded as they entered the penthouse.

"I just don't understand why you have to be around him this much?" They heard Enrique exclaim from the living room causing Vanessa and Shawn to look at each curious. "He's a coworker, Enrique. Things have started to pick up and I need more help with somethings!" Melissa sighed.

"But late nights are a bit much, don't you think?" Enrique asked as Vanessa and Shawn stayed by the corner. "You've spend plenty of late nights with a lot of your coworkers and do I ever flip out this much?" Melissa raised an eyebrow.

"Well, that's different." Enrique said. "How? How is it different from this?" Melissa put her hands on her hips.

"Because I know that they don't want anything from me like that." Enrique responded. "Oh, please. I've seen the way the women at your company gawking you all the time. And they know you're married." Melissa scoffed.

"Why can't you just trust me?" Melissa asked him. "I trust you. It's him that I don't trust." Enrique ran his hands through his hair.

"That's still the same thing, Enrique!" Melissa turned to him. "I just think you shouldn't have to spend that much time in your office alone with him, Melissa!" Enrique threw his hands up.

"Working! That's all we do. He's the best at what he does and I need help whenever things get too much." Melissa tried to explain. "I get that and I don't want you to feel so much stress. It's just that you're never at home anymore." Enrique sighed.

"Half the time I am here you're at the office, Enrique." Melissa tells her husband. "But this is how things are we both work a full time jobs."

"It doesn't excuse that you spend so much with him." Enrique shook his head. "At this point it's making it seem as if you're asking for a break, Enrique!" Melissa ran her hands through her hair.

"Well, maybe we should, Melissa!" Enrique nodded making Vanessa and Shawn look at them in shock but Vanessa had tears. "You really want that?" Melissa asked quietly.

"... We've just been fighting too much recently." Enrique sighed with teary eyes. "Maybe... maybe this would be good for us. Just for a little bit."

"If that's what you want." Melissa nodded trying to hold back her tears.

Vanessa dropped her bags making a big bang sound causing Melissa and Enrique to turn to the corner where Vanessa and Shawn were at. Melissa and Enrique saw the broke facial expression.

"Reina..." Melissa tried to say. "We can explained." Enrique said softly.

Vanessa's were filled with tears as she shook her head rushing up the stairway to her room shutting the door. Shawn turned to Melissa and Enrique in question but Enrique sighed with teary eyes before heading to his and Melissa's room to pack some clothes.

"Mel... what happened?" Shawn walked up to her. "I'm not sure." Melissa's lips trembled as she sat down on the couch.

"A couple weeks ago there has been so much people had called asking for many wedding planners and we have very little people at the office and I've been needing more help so David, the guy we were arguing about, has been helping me. But Enrique has been getting jealous of how much time I've spent with David." Melissa started to ramble trying to stop herself from crying. "I don't know why. He knows that I'd never do something like that-" She started crying so Shawn pulled her into a hug as he sat next to her.