02

Kegan didn't leave the Omega room until the Alpha barged in to collect him three days later.
Thankfully there was a shower in the room so that he was clean as the Alpha requested, though it didn't stop the scowl he received.

"Let's go," the Alpha groused, clearly annoyed that Kegan had followed his rules and obeyed perfectly so he couldn't reprimand him.

Kegan followed the Alpha with his eyes focused on the ground. He could feel the presence of his pack mates and knew they were probably giving him piteous looks. Though he had never really had a close bond with his pack mates, Kegan would miss the kindness that they showed him.

They could've been cruel, especially the Alphas, but there were some that treated him with respect and even snuck Kegan and the other Omegas extra food at times.

"Get in," the Alpha ordered, pointing at the car they'd be taking to the other pack.

Usually they'd just run, but the new Alpha didn't want Kegan injured or filthy, so he asked that he be delivered in a vehicle.

Kegan sat in between two of the Alpha's most loyal warriors, his eyes focused on his uneven cuticles that came as a result of his tasks at his old pack house.

His wolf was whining and sulking, clearly against the fact that they were nearing closer and closer to their future Alpha. For the past few days Kegan's wolf had tried to convince Kegan to run, claiming that even if they were caught, death would be better than being given as a sex slave to an Alpha who wasn't theirs.

Kegan ignored his wolf; he was sure that even if he had run, the Alpha would still keep him alive and give him to the North River Alpha. It was about what would make Kegan suffer the most, and the Alpha knew it wasn't death.

Eventually the car came to a stop.

Kegan was sandwiched between the two Alphas, an arm grasped by each, so that he couldn't try to run.

The Alpha lead them to a mansion, but it wasn't as big as the pack house. Kegan had been told that was due to the fact that the North River pack didn't all live in one pack house and that the Alpha and his mate got the best home to themselves.

Kegan was sure he'd end up sleeping in a basement, since the Alpha would only want him for sex and because they weren't true mates.

"Donovan!" someone called from the mansion.

Kegan's Alpha walked toward the man and shook his hand.

"It's a pleasure, Leon," he said, before gesturing his warriors and Kegan forward. "The Omega, as promised."

Kegan kept his head lowered.

"He's been trained, hasn't he?" Alpha Leon asked, gripping Kegan's face in his hand and forcing eye contact. "He is a pretty one."

"He knows the consequences of disobedience," Kegan's Alpha promised. "Your ceremony takes place soon. I didn't know you'd be out here."

Alpha Leon laughed, still clutching Kegan's face. "Had to make sure you were bringing me a good Omega."

"I hope he's satisfactory?"

Alpha Leon nodded, urging a few of his guards forward. "Bring him to my room and lock him in there with a meal," he said, pulling Kegan away from his old Alpha's warriors and toward his own. "Wait for me on the bed, Omega. I'll be there after my ceremony."

Kegan just nodded, unable to do anything else. His wolf was making his head throb with his howls and attempts to overtake Kegan's body and run, but Kegan wouldn't have it.

"Good boy," Alpha Lean whispered, before nodding to his guards.

Kegan was dragged to what he assumed to be his new Alpha's room. He didn't like it; it was too dark and stunk of dominance and overbearing Alpha pheromones.