15 𖠇 Genesis Actually Has Feelings

"This is serious business, Theo."

I am sitting on my bed with my legs curled, regretting ever mentioning to Genesis about the invitation I received from Harvey to watch his game. Now, she is standing in front of me with her arms crossed while Blaire and Aurora stare at me. The three once again together to feed me advice.

"Calm down," I repeat to her, releasing a short sigh. "He just asked me to attend his game."

She shakes her head, blonde hair rippling over her shoulder. "You don't get it," she says, crossing her arms. "There is a high percentage that he will kiss you today."

"Ninety-nine," Blaire adds, looking at her nails from a distance. "That's the percentage."

I tilt my head to the side but decide to not bring any questions to the situation. Instead, I stand up and plant my hands on Genesis' shoulders. "What are you talking about?"

"He gives his first kiss after winning a soccer game," Aurora says, twirling her hair around her finger. "He loves the slow-burn before going straight at it."

"You mean he has been planning this all along?" I ask her.

She shrugs, but Blaire responds, "What can I say? The man knows what he is doing."

I scoff before releasing a short chuckle. "I— I feel weird right now," I admit. Quite frankly, I hoped that my first kiss was with someone I had a connection with. I don't think I am there just yet with Harvey Cohen. I mean, all I know about him is that he is a great soccer player and a heartbreaker that knows how to plan the love story the way he wants it.

"Do not overthink it," Genesis says, offering a glint of a smile. "Ok, that was a lie—start thinking about what you are going to wear."

"I am supposed to look cute for a school soccer game?" I raise an eyebrow, taking a seat once again. "If the kiss is inevitable according to Blaire's calculations, then why do I need to be all dressed up?"

"Presentation matters," Aurora replies. "You cannot kiss Harvey Cohen looking like that."

Genesis looks at the two girls with her hands resting on her waist. "Girls, you know what we need to do." As soon as those words come out, Blaire and Aurora stand up at the same time, look at each other and nod.

"I'll call the hairstylist," Blaire says, heading out the door with her phone already in hand.

"And I'll contact the ophthalmologist," Aurora follows, also taking her phone out. "Theo's contacts will be ready by the time the game starts."

   "What?" I snap, walking up to her. "No, no, no." I let Blaire back into my room and close the door behind me. "Let's all take a deep breath."

   They ignore my instructions, simply looking at me barely blinking.

   "We only have half an hour," I remind them. "How about one of you chooses my outfit while I take a shower?" I flinch at my own words, not sure if asking for that was such a good idea.

   "I am leaving," Blaire says, but before she walks out, she says to me, "That makeover is coming, though."

   "I guess I am gone too," Aurora proceeds. "FYI: Cherry chapstick adds flavor to the kiss," she says, pulling a chapstick from her purse and handing it to me. "Use it."

   I sigh deeply once the two are gone. "I hate to say it, but the three of you are obsessed with Harvey," I let Genesis know. "Why not move on after the breakup?"

   Genesis sinks her eyebrows. "You know?"

   "Oscar told me," I say. "I guess I should've seen it coming."

   I sit on my bed.

  Meanwhile, Genesis remains quiet until she decides to sit by my side. "I am totally going to regret telling you this," she murmurs, looking down at her lap.

   Her words grab my attention so I fix my posture until I am facing her entirely. "What happened?"

   She takes a deep breath. "I met Harvey Cohen my sophomore year on Earth Day when I was campaigning for President of the school board to stop the use of plastic in our school," she begins, recalling old memories. "Anyway, he came up to me after a phenomenal speech I gave and congratulated me. However, his delicate words and his innocent glances were meant to captivate me—and, foolish of me, it worked."

   She finally looks at me, but her eyes are somewhere else in a distant memory. "He made me so unbelievably happy for six months," she continues, tucking a strand of blond hair behind her ear. "Then, on a random day, he decided to end things as if something had gone wrong in our relationship." She sniffs, but she is not crying. "Just like that, he gathered all our cherished memories into a tiny ball and dunked them into the trash can like they meant nothing."

   I rest my hand on her back, hopefully comforting her.

   "He does not even smile or even glance at me in the hallways," she says, a coat of tears shielding her eyes. "For him, I am a ghost roaming the hallways." After feeling a tear roll down her cheek, she wipes it away with the back of her hand. "A week passes and I come up with the genius idea to unite his exes to make him remember us."

   She looks up and leans close to me, our noses almost brushing against each other. "I promised myself that the heartbreaker would become the heartbroken." There is determination in her voice.

   She turns her face to look at the door and relaxes her tense shoulders. "Long story short, Blaire, Aurora, and I waited patiently for the person that would catch his eye to make our move."

   "That is where I come along," I bring up.

   She nods. "I know I haven't told you this, but I am grateful to you for doing this."

   After hearing her story, I feel motivated to help them, but I don't think breaking Harvey's heart is the correct way to do so. Maybe I should tell them to move on and find someone new. Sadly, I know that is not an option the three are willing to consider.

   Genesis stands up and chuckles awkwardly, running her thumbs over her teary eyes. "Now, hop in the shower and forget that you ever saw me cry, Theo."

   I stand up by her side, ready to head to the bathroom. "I'll forget this conversation ever happened."

   Genesis throws her hair over her shoulder. "What conversation?"

   I grin, opening the door. "There was no conversation."

   "Exactly," she snaps. "Hurry up and give me time to dig into your closet." She says one more thing before I close the door: "Also, if you hear me scream don't be frightened. I probably just came across your Barney t-shirt."

   At that moment, I close the door and enter the bathroom.

______

A\N: Like and comment for more updates! :)

I literally found a tiktoker that looks exactly how I visualized Oscar—and even his name is Oscar.

Check out: oscariannone