Chapter 57

"Sonia, I'll just chop the vegetables till then you make the gravy and then once you start making the other things, I'll make the desert", I said as I started chopping the vegetables. Sonia's family was coming over today, just for a normal dinner.

"Aye aye captain", Sonia said as she fried the onion for the gravy.

Finally after two more weeks, Arjun's cast from his hand was out.

I started chopping the vegetables in precision, because that's how Sonia wanted me to do then, with precision. As I was working with the tomatoes a few strands of baby hair started tickling my face. Moment like these are situations where I feeling like chopping my hair. I tried blowing the hair away and worked on cutting the tomatoes finely before tossing them in the bowl.

The hair started tickling my face once again. I couldn't use my hands because there were covered in the seasoning that I had made for the vegetables. I tried wiping my face on my forearm but it didn't work. Finally, after giving up, I looked at Sonia.

"Sonia, if you're done with the gravy please tie my hair properly", I said as I shook my head to exaggerate on the fucking loose bun that was pulling my hair from different directions. Sonia nodded her head and stared at something behind my back before walking in my direction and working on my hair while I mixed the vegetables.

I felt my hair being freed from the hair tie and I stood up properly. I felt fingers on the back of my neck taking the loose strands of hair. This wasn't Sonia's hand.

"Should I be creeped that your hand feels manly to me, Sonia?"

"Oh no honey, it's not my hand", she said as she walked in front of the kitchen counter with a knife in her hand.

"What?", I said as I turned around only to be met by the face that I love. I smiled at him and he just frowned as he turned my head and finished tying my hair properly, and then placed his head on my shoulder and his arms around my waist.

"Hi baby", he said as he kissed my cheek. I didn't let that affect me much and just focused on the bowl.

"Gross! This makes me want to hurl my lemonade", Sonia said and I narrowed my eyes at her before smirking.

"You made lemonade and didn't even think of offering it to me, babe?", Roshan said as he stood in the same position as Arjun stood.

"What are you doing here?", She questioned as she titled her head to look at Roshan.

"Oh come on babe, don't be angry with me for what I did in the morning"

"Why of course I will be angry with you. You ruined my mood by not giving me my morning kiss", Sonia grumbled.

"Gross! You make me want to hurl my milkshake", I said imitating Sonia's tone. Sonia narrowed her eyes in my direction and I feigned innocence.

"Oh look at that the gravy is almost cooked", I said innocently as I stirred the gravy a little and put the potatoes inside the gravy and mixed it well.

"What the hell are you both doing here? Get out of the kitchen and let them cook properly, we all know you both are distracting them", mom said as she pulled both Roshan and Arjun by their ears.

"What? Mom we weren't distracting them at all"

"Yes, that's another thing that they get distracted by our hotness", Arjun said as he winked in my direction before they both along with mom were out of our view. I chuckled a little and then focused on cooking.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

"Oh come on Sonia, they're just your parents, it's not like they're going to say anything if I go down in my sweatpants", Roshan said.

"Oh yes my love, they won't say anything, but they most definitely will not appreciate their son-in-law walking down only in their sweatpants and a good for nothing t-shirt"

"Hey! That's my favourite t-shirt, don't talk shit about it, atleast not in front of me"

"Be lucky, you still have that t-shirt and I haven't torn it into pieces, do you look at those holes in the t-shirt?"

"But babe, it's fashion!"

"But babe, it's fashion! Fashion my ass it looks cheap! Now change or else sofa for the next week", that shut Roshan up and he immediately went inside to change. I just chuckled as I shook my head and then went inside my room after Sonia was done tying my hair into a nice bun.

After I was done changing, I came out of the closet only to find Arjun wearing a navy blue shirt with some khaki pants. Damn, he looked so hot with the shirt hugging his well built figure perfectly. After he heard me, he looked up and a smirk adorned his face.

"This has something to do with Sonia isn't it?"

"Of course! I wouldn't want us to wear matching outfits, atleast not today", I said as I stared down at my navy kurti and the khaki legging that I was supposed to wear today. To add on I even had a khaki dupatta.

He then walked towards me and picked something up from my vanity table and I realised it was sinoor. It has been a really long time since I last put sindoor. I mean, after the accident, I didn't put it at all.

My eyes closed on an instant when he put the pinch of sindoor on my parted hair.

"I've noticed you haven't been putting sindoor for a long time, it's better to put sindoor, makes others aware that you're taken", he whispered in my ears and then kissed my forehead.

"Oh you big baby, everyone already knows that I am married to THE Arjun Malhotra", I said as I hugged him.

"But still!", He said and I just chuckled at his childish behaviour.

"Come on let's just go downstairs", I said as I tugged on his hands and pulled him towards the door.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

We all stared at each other. Completely silent. And then Sonia let out an awkward chuckle. Of course, the culprit will try to do so. Natasha and Aryan were matching in pink, mom and dad were matching in yellow and the other two were matching in green.

"Wow Sonia! Just how did you come up with this idea?", I gritted out as I went and approached her and was about to strangle this girl before Arjun wrapped his arms around me.

"Oh, I think Sonia needs to be alive, atleast for the dinner, post dinner you can do anything", Arjun said loudly and all of us chuckled.

"Uh huh, I like the idea"

"But you can't deny we all look good Yaar, it took so much effort to convince dad and Arjun to wear the outfits I chose for them", Sonia said coolly and just then the doorbell rang.

"You know what they say Sonia, saved by the bell", I said before we all sat in the living room as Sonia went and opened the door. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So I'm back with a nice little update y'all. I hope you guys enjoyed the update.

Me enjoying the cool and fresh breeze after the lockdown gets over

Love,
D❤️