Special Chapter: Tarah's Secret

Tarah POV

Ever since I was young, I already knew that my existence in this world was special.

After all, I was Mama and Papa's daughter, Dr. Millen Yu-Zevallos and President Lennox Zevallos.

More than that, I knew that I was bound to lead a multi-billion corporation, that was founded by my grandfather, Kenneth Yu.

My grandfather and grandmother would always bring me to parties since I was young, so I can expand my connections even at an early age. Grandfather would also often bring me to the company, so I would be familiar with every single thing about it.

The party right now is not any different. It was another event for me to socialise with relevant figures in our field.

Because I am confident with everything about myself, I never had any qualms in talking to powerful figures, even though they may be much older or experienced than me.

Aside from my background, I think what makes up my confidence is also my looks and natural charm. I know exactly how to make people like me.

After talking to several figures, I looked at the large buffet table and suddenly noticed the food that it offered.

How rare. Usually, in parties like these, foreign food was always served. But now, they offered traditional cuisine and pastries.

Suddenly, I had the urge to have a taste of one of the pastries that I liked, milk pudding.

"Mmm. It's not as authentic as the one made in Alcontar province." I could not help murmur.

Surprisingly, someone answered my musing.

"Indeed."

I turned to my side and saw a tall, young man. His skin was a little tanned, making him look more appealing. His disheveled hair was slightly wavy and longer than the clean-cut style that most businessmen had.

Hmm. He can pass as my type. He doesn't look that bad. Although, he doesn't look like my age.

Politely, I smiled at the man.

"You know of pastries like these in Alcontar as well?" I asked.

The man only smirked at me, revealing a faint dimple on his face.

"Yes. After all, I am from there." he murmured.

I raised my eyebrows a little, amused at his reaction.

"I see. When I was younger, there was a family who lived next to us who came from Alcontar. I was well-liked since I was young, so they didn't mind me always going there. Then, the Grandma there would always cook traditional Alcontar food and give me pastries." I said, reminiscing those times.

"My mum doesn't cook and I got tired of food cooked by house-help, so that comforted me a lot. I really miss that Grandma." I continued.

The man in front of me was somehow in a daze. But afterwards, he let out a loud laughter.

My type? Scratch that. This man is pretty weird, if he suddenly laughed like that just after what I said.

Was there something hilarious with what I said? As far as I know, there's none.

"That grandma that you're saying, is her name Grandma Lhen?"

When he said that name, especially with such a deep, low voice, I shivered a bit. I could not help but twitch my mouth a little due to surprise.

"Yes. How did you..." I murmured in a slight amused tone.

Without letting me finish, the man licked his lips before revealing a big grin on his face.