23. Am I not pretty?

When they reached their chambers Nandhini turned towards Vikram, she had to almost raise her head high to meet his eyes," You should go to the royal physician and get your wound dressed. " She suggested, pointing towards his shoulder.

" I am fine, princess Nandhini, I won't be comfortable with strangers anyway."  Vikram said, dodging off her suggestion.

" Okay." Nandhini said smiling shyly, " I can help you get changed then." She put her hands behind as she was swinging slightly with a toothy grin.

"W-what!" Vikram stuttered with  confusion. Chitra put her hand across her mouth trying to cover her laugh.

" I mean " Nandhini said, taking a step closer towards him and Vikram looked absolutely terrified. "If you are not comfortable with a physician I can help you get your wound dressed."

" No!" Vikram shrieked as she took another step closer, "I will def-definitely go to the physician." Saying he walked away almost running.

Nandhini burst into a fit of laughter looking at Vikram but very soon she realised that she was not alone. Chitra stood wide eyed looking at what was happening.

"I am sorry that you had to see that," Nandhini said walking inside the chambers, " He will never go to a doctor if I don't do that! He is so stubborn and stupid! "

" Bhabi ji, this is your chamber. Usually the king and queen have separate chambers for privacy issues. So I am welcomed here right? " She asked, smiling.

" Always! " Chitra said, she finally gathered up some courage to ask Nandhini, "Um, so you and Vikram are engaged or something? "

Nandhini laughed and blushed at the same time as she handed Chitra a wet towel to clean her face, " We are not engaged but I had to break so many young prince hearts for him! He is so complicated! "

Clearly upset, Nandhini sat on a Chair with a frown on her face, " Bhabi, can you tell me something without lying?"

Chitra nodded her head as she tied her hair into a bun.

"Am I not pretty? "

" Why will you even have a doubt like that! You are absolutely gorgeous!! " Chitra said with sincerity lacing her voice.

" Right! I take after my grandmother who was a divine beauty in her days, so I should be pretty. But that blind man doesn't even acknowledge my presence, he is freaking five years older than me which is a tough task in itself to convince my brother and as if that is not enough, he won't even look at me!"

Chitra laughed as she sat beside her, "It didn't look like that before, he was clearly affected by your presence."

"Right," Nandhini replied as she gave it a deep thought. "You are right! Should I just go and help him? My poor boy might need my help!!" Saying she bolted out of the room running to Vikram.

Poor Vikram, Chitra thought, smiling to herself.

* * *

Arjuna stood in front of his mother, She was clearly upset about how his wedding had taken place.

"This is ridiculous Arjuna! Even though she was kidnapped and all, you had the chance to get her to our kingdom before marrying her there in that forest!"

"It was complicated ma, we had to do a two days stay there and I couldn't risk her respect-"

" And why will you marry her? Weren't you supposed to marry Princess Priyamvada?"

"Again, it's a little complicated-"

" What is wrong with you? You are a king! What benefit do you think this marriage has brought to our kingdom? King Indradas clearly does not favour this princess which means our trade relationships might get worse."

" King Indradas is no problem I cannot handle-"

"What?" Rajamatha huffed, annoyed by the fact that her son was contradicting her each and every statement, "I am deeply disappointed, my son."  Saying she walked out the room, While Arjuna rubbed his forehead as his head started to ache from the heated conversation he had with his mother.

While her brother was busy dealing with his mother, Nandhini made her way as quietly as possible. You are a cat, Nandhini kept reciting that mantra as she was slowly looking into the room of the royal physician. But to her disappointment she didn't find Vikram anywhere near. 

Clearly angry she stomped her way inside, "Did Vikram come here?" She demanded an answer as she folded her hands over her chest.

" Oh yes, he did. But he didn't let me treat him, he took the required herbs, cloth and walked away. " 

Nandhini's heart swelled with love, Vikram actually considered her words and stopped by the Royal physician. Smiling to herself she walked towards his room.

The doors were ajar, Nandhini slowly peeped inside. She found Vikram's upper half naked as he slowly removed the cloth which was wrapped around his shoulder and hand. And Nandhini turned around closing her eyes as a blush crept its way to her face. 

He was clearly struggling to wrap the cloth with one hand. So she silently removed her payal and got inside his room holding her dress in a hand so that she wouldn't make any sound and tapped his shoulder. 

Startled, he turned around in a swift making him groan in pain as the moment made his shoulder hurt. 

"What are you doing here princess?" Vikram growled in pain, but to shock him more, Nandhini started crying. 

"I-i didn't mean to hurt you. I just wanted to hel-help." Nandhini spoke in between her sobs. 

"O-okay." Vikram said, not understanding how to console her. "I can handle so you should leave-" 

"No!" Nandhini said sharply, as she moved closer. " I will help you dress this wound and then I will leave! I promise! " 

Vikram couldn't even respond, he knows well that princess Nandhini is more than stubborn. She slowly applied medicine over the wound and Vikram hissed in pain. 

Nandhini took his hand and placed it over her shoulder. " You can hold me while I apply." 

Not caring for his answer, she spreads the medicine making Vikram hold her involuntarily.

"Why do you hate me?" Nandhini slowly whispered after a long silence, tears were back in her eyes as she was tying the cloth around his shoulder. 

"What? No! I don't! " 

"So you like me?" She asked looking straight in his eyes and almost as if he was in a trance Vikram replied, " Yes. " 

" Really?" Nandhini's face glowed as she spoke. She wiped her tears away smiling happily.

Vikram understood that he was tricked, he turned away rolling his eyes. " Why did you come here? " 

"Oh that I almost forgot! Bhaiya asked me to give this to you." 

"What?" Vikram asked, 

"It's a surprise! Close your eyes now." 

If he would do it her way maybe she would leave soon, he thought closing his eyes.

When she was sure that he closed his eyes, Nandhini silently climbed up the bed, it was impossible to reach his height just by standing. She bent forward and placed a long kiss on his cheek, making Vikram pop his eyes open in shock.

Nandhini immediately jumped down running towards the door. " By the way, that surprise was not from my brother! It was from me." Laughing she ran outside not stopping anywhere. 

Vikram touched his cheek, smiling. A smile which refused to leave his face for all day long.

----------

Ehem, Ehem! So we might have to leave this couple in their own bubble as we will have to go back to Arjuna and Chitra in the next chapter ♥️

Any thoughts about Vikram and Nandhini?

Fun fact: Tapping the star here makes me happy!!! So do it ♥️♥️