x. frodo awakens

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑬𝑵
❝ 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒅𝒐 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒏𝒔 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

ON THE VERY RARE OCCASIONS IN which Vera Adelaide actually wakes up early, she tends to spend her time doing what she would normally do during her free time

ON THE VERY RARE OCCASIONS IN which Vera Adelaide actually wakes up early, she tends to spend her time doing what she would normally do during her free time. However, since her arrival at Imladris, she barely got any free time since she was mostly studying or training. After her talk with Lord Elrond, she departed to her room to sleep but found herself unable to do so. She kept waking up at strange hours of the night until finally, the sun crept in and signaled the start of a new day. Immediately after the first ray hit her open balcony, Vera was surprisingly up and ready to leave.

Now, she sits with a book in her hand and apple in the other. She got used to the elves' diet consisting of greens and vegetables, adapting rather quickly to how they lived in Rivendell. Corin and Neptune weren't particularly lucky in that department as they desired meat above all things. Absent-mindedly skimming through the pages of the book she is entrapped in, the brunette munches on her apple quietly, savoring the taste. Swallowing the munched bit, she goes to grab another bite but is stopped when the apple falls off her hand. Or rather, is taken from her.

"Good morning, Vera!"

Recognizing the voices almost immediately, Vera looks up from her book with excitement as to greet the two Hobbits she loves to call 'friends.' Ignoring the fact that Merry took her bitten apple, she leaps to hug them, having to bend down slightly. "Merry! Pippin! How have you been?" she asks kindly, closing her book and setting it down after folding the corner of the page she stopped on.

"We'fe been shgood!" Merry replies, trying to speak through the mouthful of apple bits and grapes in his mouth. Cringing at the juice coming out, Vera inches away and sends a warning look to Merry.

"That is disgusting, Merry, do not eat with your mouth open," Vera scolds, removing the wet droplets on her face with a napkin. Merry grins sheepishly.

"Sorry 'bout Merry," Pippin apologizes. "How 'bout you? Have you fainted recently?" Seeing the fake, mocking, innocent smile Pippin sends her, Vera holds back a glare and smiles tightly. They were never going to let it go.

"Disappointingly, not. Don't get your hopes up, I doubt I will ever faint at the sight of anything again." Vera grins. She didn't know it then, but she was completely wrong in that statement. Pippin and Merry share a grin.

"Is that a challenge, Vera Roman?" Merry asks, a suggestive look in his eye. Vera raises her eyebrow, a little scared of what he and his companion are thinking about, but shakes her head anyway.