26- LMAO a boyfriend?!

Her POV

The month flew by pretty fast, with all the work and wrapping up.
I was on a flight to go back home.
I had to go home for a couple of weeks before going to Korea, cause I wouldn't be able to visit my parents for a long time after that.

So looking forward to talking to them and not looking forward to it at the same time

I get out of the airport to the hot humid air of the city. My dad frantically waves and pulls me in for a hug as my mum stands there, waiting for him to finish, a big smile on her face. We had kind of sort of gotten her on my side, but she still needed some convincing.

Hadn't told her about Namjoon yet though

*Sigh*

.....

In the car ride home

"How was the flight?"

"Oh same old same old"

"Did you make a list of all the things you want to eat?"

I can't help but laughing at my mum's priorities.

"You do realise I know how to cook most of it by now?"

"Ahh but I do know how it is to have someone else cook it for you. Especially when your mother does it!" She smiles and winks

The rest of the journey is spent in silence, with me breathing in the fresh air and looking at the coconut trees swaying in the wind.

....

We reach home. Our simple single storey house surrounded by a forest. It was the perfect place to get lost.

Namjoon would love this.

....

On the third day of my arrival, with me packing stuff up and sorting things around, I decide to take a break. My mum decides to bring me lemonade and sit next to me. I decide to broach the topic then.

"Umm mum?"

"Yeah?"

"I haven't told you something.. yet.."

"What is it?"

"Well I met someone..."

"...."

"And um we're kind of sort of dating right now?"

"Wait. WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN? Who is he? What does he do? You? YOU? A GUY?" she seemed torn between being annoyed and amused at the same time

"Well I can't tell you much right now, cause I don't really know where it will go-"

"Ayanna... Are you moving to Korea for him?"

"Well.... Yes and no. This job is everything I've dreamed of-"

"Anna... my dear.. just know I'm here okay? For you? Forever? You can always come back okay?"

I wasn't expecting that. It hit me like a truck. And all I could do then was cry. Ugly cry. But it wasn't a sad cry. It was a happy cry. A relieved cry.

And my mum sat there hugging me with a smile.

....

I call Namjoon at night.
He's on his bed with messy hair and a white t- shirt, fiddling with his hair

"I swear to god I'm gonna smack that hand. STOP IT ALREADY YOUR HAIR IS FINE"

"Says the person who was messing with themselves the entire ride back tot he apartment to meet my friends"

"You know that was DIFFERENT!"

"YAH! I want to look good for my girlfriend okay?"

"You look fiiine allll the time"

"Wait. was that-" he says, cupping his ear in one hand "was that you flirting? Oh my god I've seen everything"

"Don't make me regret you Mr Kim Namjoon!"

He tut tut tuts "if you were here right now I'd make you pay for that~"

"I would like to know what that would entail~"

"Oh my god woman you're in a great mood aren't you? I didn't think I'd get away with that"

"Ahh Joonie you have no idea... I told my mum that I was dating someone and she didn't go ballistic about it but she actually offered strength and support and I-"

"I want to meet your parents!"

"Whaa- Joon- Wait-"

"Why not? When you come here, you're meeting my family, aren't you?"

"Oh yes definitely okay but my family? I haven't even told my mum who you are yet"

"Aish tell her already then! I want to meet them. I don't think I can meet in person but I would love to talk to them via video call before you come here!"

I sigh. He's so enthusiastic about this that I can't help but give in.

....

I told my mother about him and she lost it.
So. Many. Questions.
She low-key started roasting me. And my dad was laughing when I started whining, begging her to stop.

I set up the call and tell my mother to stop fiddling with her hair.

Why does everyone play with their hair?!

It switches on and I see Namjoon in his studio wearing a dress shirt and I almost snort. He catches me though and gives me a subtle *I'll deal with you later* look.

I look over to my dad and he's got that *I'm gonna judge your every move* look. The kind of look he gave me when I was learning how to drive.

This can't be good
I cried sometimes when learning how to drive from him.

I decide to sit through the entire thing which lasted about thirty minutes before my dad gave me and my mum the order to clear out.

*Sigh*

I get out of the room but linger by the door

"Anna I know you're there. I'm your father for god's sake. Lemme talk to the man I'm peace"

I pop my head in the room giving a final wave and a thumbs up to Namjoon before clearing out for good.

....

"What did he say?"

"I'm not telling you anything. It's a secret"

"Oh my lord-"

"What was that smirk though? I was obviously gonna dress up! It's your parents! First impressions matter! Jimin and Jin had to stop me from wearing a suit and Yoongi almost cut up my blazer with that secret pair of scissors he produced from nowhere!"

I start laughing at that, imagining the ridiculous scene in my head and he joins in too.

"A week and you're here huh? I can't wait~"

I grin and give him a dramatic flying kiss. The kind Jin gives all the time.

"Aish don't learn all that from Jin hyung!!"
.
.
.
.
.
.

A/N

Please consider voting! It would mean the world to me!