Chapter 23- Tam

A/N: I'm not doing this recap word for word from Dex's P.O.V or Biana's.

Recap: They were about to turn invisible and try to escape.

                l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l--l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l

"Hurry!" Dex whisper shouted to Biana.

"I'm going as fast as possible now be quiet." She snapped back. We had just made it to the door that goes up from Candleshade's basement.

"Guys, now isn't the time for arguing." I told them. I just wanted to get out of here. Biana and Dex carefully pushed open the door, and the four of us walked out. As soon as we reached the entrance, Lady Gisela came up from the basement. She walked p the stairs, and as soon as she was gone, we ran out the door.

"Ok, so how are we getting out?" Biana asked.

"No reason to worry. There should be a leaping crystal somewhere." Alden replied.

"Wait! I know! They didn't take our swan charms! We can reflect the off the balefire inside Candleshade!" Dex explained. 

"I guess we could try." I agreed. Luckily, Lady Gisela was still not in sight so we were able to leap away. Somehow, we ended up at Havenfield. The gnomes told us that Grady and Edaline were at the hideout, and they gave us a crystal to get there. 

"Biana?"Fitz asked, a confused look on his face.

"GUYS, COME HERE!" He yelled. Sophie and Keefe rushed out, Marella, Wylie and Linh right behind them.

"TAM!" Linh rushed over and strangle hugged me. Sophie went over to Dex and gave him a hug and Biana and Fitz were hugging. Then, Keefe dragged us all in a group hug, which Marella and Wylie joined.

"No appreciation for the adults hmm?" Alden said causing Sophie, Fitz, and Keefe to run up and strangle him too. Once everyone was settled, Alden went to wait with the adults, and we all went to the room to find Stina, Maruca and another girl there.

"That was fast. Usually triggers take longer. Did you get your ability yet?" Sophie rambled on to the girl I didn't recognise. The girl didn't answer. She just stared at me.

"Evangeline? Did you hear my questions?" Sophie asked her. Evangeline. That was her name.

"Yes. Sorry. I'm just confused. I thought you said the Neverseen had them. Also I didn't get my ability yet." She replied.

"Ok. You 3 are probably wondering who this is." Sophie said turning towards Biana, Dex and I.

"Yeah." I said, earning a smirk from Linh.

"Ok, well, this is Evangeline. She was my Mom's sister daughter in the human world, but turns out she's actually my sister. She was also created by the Black Swan. Mr. Forkle thinks she has an ability to destroy the Neverseen in half an hour when we meet them." Sophie explained.

"Umm, that's being called off now." Keefe stated. I was so shocked. It was so un-Keefe-like to call off adventure. Guess having a girlfriend changes that. 

"It's not up to me. It's Mr. Forkle's decision." Sophie responded.

"Can we not argue right now?" Fitz cut in.

"Alright everyone. Those leaving, gear up." Mr. Forkle said walking into the room.

"Hold up. Why do we still have to go?" Keefe asked.

"Keefe, this could be our only chance to destroy them. If we don't do it today, it won't ever happen." Mr. Forkle said.

"Ok." Was all he responded with, before he left the room. Sophie rushed out after him of course, and Fitz followed. Mr. Forkle left as well, leaving an awkward silence over us. Linh and I put our ears to the door to listen.

"Oh, Keefe." Sophie said. There was crying.

"It's going to be okay. I promise." She kept reassuring him. There was a long silence, so I assume Sophie and Fitz were talking Telepathically. 

"Keefe?" Fitz said it as more of a question. Keefe had gone quiet.

"No no no no no no no." Sophie said.

"Sophie we have to fix this. Come one." Fitz said.

"Ok." 

A long stretch of silence.

"W-what hap-p-pend?" Keefe voice came out raspy. There was quiet sobbing.

"You, um, your mind......." Was all Fitz could say. The 3 of them went silent. Biana got worried, so she rushed out into the hallway. 

"What hap....." Her voice trailed off when she saw the scene. The rest of us rushed out. The 3 of them just sat there clinging to each other, shaking.

Fitz was the first to snap out of it.

"Keefe's...m-mind.....broke." The last word was a whisper. 

"WHAT!" We all shouted at the same time.

"S-s-sophie.. fixed him....but now...." He gestured to her. Keefe snapped out of it too.

"WHAT HAPPENED?!" He started shaking Sophie really hard.

"KEEFE STOP!" Fitz shouted.

"NO! TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED!" Keefe told him.

"She fixed you." Fitz whispered.

"What?" Keefe asked.

"Your mind...broke. She fixed you. I should check."Fitz placed his fingers and went into Sophie's mind. He pulled back right away, and tears started rolling down his cheeks. Biana ran over to her brother and wrapped him in a hug. 

"Fitz, you have to explain everything, ok." She told him.

"She fixed Keefe. Not.....herself. She.....let it t-take....over. The....guilt." He said between sobs.

"No." Biana whispered. Her and Keefe were also crying now. When Dex realised what had happened he rushed to get Mr. Forkle. It took me a minute to figure it out though.

Her mind broke from the guilt.