XXVII. Better Days

Mark has been addicted to so many things before. Things that had given him fleeting happiness by numbing the pain and making him forget everything that's hurting. But every time when it all wears down, all his demons would always come back twice stronger and all he's left are bad aftertastes, headaches, and emptiness.

Now Mark had found a new addiction. Someone that gave him happiness and made him realize that life is so much worth living. And while Mark knew all too well that Gun was far from being stable, and he most certainly knew all too well that he himself was not the most sane person either, Mark has already come into a conclusion that nothing compares to having Gun in his life. Mark knew that everything that can give you happiness can also cause you too much sadness, so whether they ended up breaking or fixing each other was something that only time can tell. What matters for Mark right now was Gun's happiness because it was now an established fact that Gun's happiness was his own.

***

'Beep beep'

Mark felt his phone vibrated in his pocket and Mark being the careless person that he is, still picked up his phone to see the message even though he was still driving. But the moment he read the first sentence, Mark had to pull up on the sidewalk because he thought the person who texted was messing with him.

'Please leave Gun alone. He doesn't need you. You're a hindrance to his recovery. He's better off without you. Give him back to the facility. Give him back to us. HE BELONGS HERE.'

The message was short and full of threats that Mark felt agitated but at the same time, he felt a strange feeling of excitement while reading it because honestly, its been a while since Mark encountered something like this. He was used to things like this before, back when him and Kris were doing stupid things for fun. They find it funny when people tried to threaten them to avoid paying their loan because they knew that they could never get away with them. So this message means nothing to him.

Mark snickered before replying. He was convinced that the person behind this text was the guy from the facility who visited Gun last time. He knew that guy was up for something and Mark was ready to play with him.

'I think you should know that Gun is mine, but Id like to see you try P'Title.'

Mark waited for a bit after sending his message but the unknown person didnt reply so he put his phone back in his pocket before driving off.

Mark arrived at Gun's house soon after. He was so ecstatic to see his lover because he hasnt seen him in a short while due to some personal matters that Mark had to settle with his father.

Mark couldnt hide his excitement as he unceremoniously kissed Gun on the lips as soon as he opened the door and he got a glimpse of his face. The boy was flustered and took a step back all red and embarrassed.

Mark was confused with his reaction. Was he being too pushy about this relationship? Should he slow it down?

"Ahem"

Suddenly, someone cleared his voice in a very loud manner to get their attention. Mark immediately looked behind Gun to see half of the football team lounging on the couch staring at them. Some looked shocked but most of them were smiling slyly in a teasing manner.

Mark just smirked as he shook his head in disbelief. So this is why Gun was embarrassed because his whole fucking squad was there chilling in their living room. Although Mark really had no problem with the whole situation, it was different for his easily flustered boyfriend.

"So? Are you guys dating?" Plan was the first one to open his mouth, as he always do.

Mark smiled proudly before holding Gun's hand and pulling him closer. "What do you think?"