4- How Embarrassing

Ted's POV

Ted's POV

"Wow," I froze and my eyes widened.

I turn around to see Sam standing with a shocked face. Oh no, she's gonna make fun of me and humiliate me. I'm so stupid. What am I gonna do now? I grabbed my bag and ran away from the music room.

That's what I always do, run away from my problems and mistakes. And I'm not proud of it. Never was and never will. I ran as fast as possible to the only place I feel peace and quiet in this school. The library.

I had a spot there that was secluded. I believe no one knew that place since I've never seen anyone go there. It was at the very back of the library and the shelves were filled with newspapers so no one would ever come to that shelf.

I sat there, hoping that Sam wouldn't see me. I knew I was doomed. She already heard my awful singing. She's going to humiliate me more than I already am by her brother. I wish I was just as perfect as other people. They're sociable, fun to be with, attractive, basically everything I am not.

I heard footsteps come my way so I just hug my legs and place my forehead on my knees, preparing to be laughed at. Tears started to pool in my eyes and before I knew it I was crying. I hate when I cry but I can't help it. I cry when I feel scared, when I get picked on, when I get called with names, and when I miss my Mama.

"Ted?" I heard Sam's soft voice and I felt her sit beside. I wipe my tears on my pants and place my chin on my knees.

"Why are you crying? I'm not gonna hurt you," she said in a sweet, soft, and comforting voice. I smile and I sigh in relieve. If only Zach was this nice.

"I-I don't know. It's just, I-I thought you were gonna make fun of my awful singing," I said as I look up at her. She gave me a confused look.

"Make fun of your awful singing? No! Your voice is amazing," amazing? I wish. I smiled at her, confused. How did she even know that I was here?

"H-How did you f-find me?"

"I always see you go here and one time I followed you and saw you sit here and fiddle with your fingers," she explained. I do always go here. It's quiet, peaceful and most of the time Zach isn't here.

"Wanna go back to the music room?" She suggested. I was a little hesitant at first but I eventually nod.

We walk back to the music room quietly. It wasn't until we entered the music room when we started to talk. We mostly talked about ourselves and our friends. She said she never really considered her friend group 'friends' because they only started to follow her because of her popularity and brother. She did have a best friend in her friend group that she always talks to.

Sam also amazing at singing. The reason why she went to the music room was that his brother, Zach, had detention with my sister because of the same reason. She sang me a song and her voice was amazing.

"Can I hear you sing again? Your voice is literally so amazing, it's unbelievable," I smile and nod. I continued singing One Day.

I could see the amazement on her face which put a smile on my face. I like seeing other people happy, especially if I'm the reason they're happy.

Sam kept on apologizing on behalf of Zach. To be honest, I didn't really have grudge nor have hate against Zach. You might ask, why? Well, I believe that life is too short and hating someone is like wasting time on being happy.

I know what he's doing is bad but I don't really care. Sure, he might've ruined my high school life but at least I didn't ruin it more on having to hate on someone every day. If he does apologize, I'd be happy to accept his apology and move on forward.

We exchanged numbers and left the music room cause our sister and brother's detention was almost over. I'm surprised how fast Sam got me to be comfortable with her. I was a bit nervous at first but it didn't take long for me to get comfortable. My stutter even disappeared which shocked me the most. Even with my family I can't do that.

"Sam?" I called as we walk to the detention room.

"Yeah?"

"Can you not tell anyone that I sing?" I ask

"Why? You have an amazing voice. You should share it," she suggested but I think it's not the time yet.

"Maybe, but right now, I really want to keep it to myself, ourselves rather," I explained and she nods in understanding.

We were almost in the detention room when they came out. Surprisingly, they were the only two who got detention. We walk a bit faster and we got to them. I waved goodbye to Sam and we went to our car

"So, are you and Sam friends?" Tessa asked

"I-I think so,"

"Finally, my twin's making friends!" She shouted in the parking lot and I laughed.

____________________________________

I walk to my AP World History class with Tessa. I still couldn't believe that I finally made a new friend by myself. Sam and I texted the whole night talking about milk.

I know it sounds dumb, probably because it is, but milk does have a weird taste and texture. I just don't see myself going to the kitchen to get a cold glass of milk.

Before I could sit down, Mrs. Bennett l, our teacher, called me. I walk to her table and asked me if I could tutor someone. Me being me, I accepted it with a smile. I walk back to my seat and Mrs. Bennett started teaching.

As always, morning classes passed by quickly and lunch came. I was walking to my locker when someone bumped into me hard. I fell and so did my things. I already knew who it was so I didn't even try to look up.

Zach, the one who bumped into me, started to help me pick up my stuff. What?! This is so unlike him. He gave me my things and uttered a 'sorry' with a smile.

I am so confused. Why did he help me? And why did he say sorry? I've never heard him say that word. It's like something happened to him. Like something came into his mind or someone made him do it.

I took my things and said a quiet 'thanks' and basically run to the music room where I was supposed to go after going to my locker. Sam and I are going to meet up at the music room to escape the loud cafeteria and actually do something we like.

I went into the music room, close the door, and sat down on the floor while I catch my breath. I look at the room to see Sam and a girl staring at me with confusion. How embarrassing.

___________________________________

How are you all liking the story? Tbh, I have mixed feelings to it. Hope y'all are staying safe through this pandemic.

See you next week, byeeee

-Jim