12.

Milo.

"I don't get it, why are you two going on a date when all that's left is for him to jump your bones and get it over with. The investors already think you're slapping cheeks with Ken." Amir exclaimed  as I pick out my outfit for the date I was going on  with Ken.

It was our first one and I called Amir and Emmy to babysit. "Could you please not compare me to you and Emmy, I have the brain and decency of a normal human being, unlike you and Emmy who had sex in the parking lot." They had sex almost everywhere possible.

"At least we're doing it unlike your rich ass that collecting dust down under." He retorts making ms blush, I couldn't be too old to be a virgin.

I never really wanted to sleep around with random guys, I always wanted to have that special someone I was really sure about.

"Dad is uncle Ken going to be here when you go on your date?" Haven asks, which really had me questioning why he liked him so much.

"No monkey I'm going on a date with uncle Ken, so he won't be here." He and ran off, I'm sure it was to tell Haden.

"I'm still surprised by how your kids like Ken so much and even Mia was actually skeptical, what did he give your kids?" I myself ask the same question every time they ask about him, and the answer is always a bit astounding maybe they see another parent in Ken.

"I really don't know, they ask for him a lot it's getting weird, you think I should ask them why they like him so much?" I ask Amir and he nods. "

"Maybe they see more in Ken than just an uncle." He replies and those were my thoughts on the matter as well.

We head downstairs since Ken was coming in a few hours.I find the boys playing in their game room, Amir sat on one of the bean bags in the room.

There was a flat screen tv mounted on the wall, with a wide variety of game consoles on the shelves but the boys prefer their cars and action figures more.

Also the fun of bouncing around on the bean bags. The walls are a sea green which was Haven's choice the kid has an eye for color and Haden is the model.

"Boys come here, I need to talk to you guys about something." They come over and sit in front of me, eyes trained on me.

"Can you tell me why you like uncle Ken so much, and is it ok if your uncle and I date?" They were old enough to understand that much I knew.

"We really like uncle Ken a lot he helped me with my food when we went out." Haven sang. "He really makes you happy dad, you smile a lot when we talk about him." They reply with a smile. I never thought my kids would notice the little things.

"And when you get married we can have another
Papa like Lyra." Haden adds and I'm baffled my kids wanted another parent now after meeting Ken.

They always said it was ok, if I was their only parent and yes I had told them they would get another dad not mom, I wasn't to lie to my kids.

So them actually voicing it out means they wanted Ken and I together, "Thank you my little monkeys for saying it because your uncle and I are going on a date but I don't know about getting married alright, maybe boyfriends for now." They both nod and hug me.

"Oh damn who named their kid Lyra that's a good name." Amir spoke eating popcorn which I had no idea where or how he got it from the kitchen to here.

His appetite with how small his physique tends to cause a literal state of confusion with all of us.

"Lyra is Daryl and Gabe's child, they adopted him when he was one." Amir makes an oh his mouth because he had met Daryl on Monday.

I walked out of the room heading for my own to change, Ken would be here in a few minutes and I need to look perfect. I wore black ripped skinny jeans, black fishnet vest and a see-through seafoam color round neck tee and a thigh-length black jacket with gold and green vine design.

"Damn girl are you planning to slap cheeks with Ken, you look to die for." Amir sang walking into my bedroom and I laugh styling my hair without a visible quiff.

"Whoa, who are you trying to murder in that?" Mia and her dramatic self walked in. "He's trying to get some from Ken." Amir replies for me and I blush at that comment.

"Ken is here, time to go pretty boy." Mia announces and I began panicking. "Do I look alright guys? Do I need to change?" I ask Mia and Amir because for the life of me I was nervous.

"You're fine Milo he's going to love it, now GO!!" They shove me out of my room and I walk slowly downstairs, and there he was Ken Melroe is his glory, v-neck tee, black jeans similar to mine and black Air Max.

I couldn't believe I had a date with him. This was a moment I screamed on the inside like a schoolgirl.

"Boys I'm leaving love you and Emmy don't christen my kitchen with Amir or I will kill you!!" I yell and turn to Ken.

"That was hot and you my clover look amazing, not that you don't look amazing every day it's just that you look gorgeous like this not that you aren't and I'm rambling, here." I kiss his cheek and accept the red roses.

I dip my nose in the flowers and the scent was alluring but not as much Ken's cologne, masculine with an undertone of lavender. I wanted to take a huge whiff like a crazy person.

"Okay we have kids in the house and they're too young for live porn." Emmy spoke whilst peeling a banana, much like Amir he ate too much.

"Thank you, let me put these in water." He nods and I go into the kitchen, finding a vase I set them in. "Have fun and the kids will be ok." I nod and head to Ken.

"I'm ready." I announce and he took my hand leading me out. He opens the door for me to his car like a gentleman and in true Ken spirit he buckles me in.

"Precious Cargo." He mumbled and I giggle because of his statement. He jogs to the other side of the car and got in. Reversing onto the road I began to wonder where we were going.

"Where are we going?" I ask  excitedly and expecting him to answer. "Its a surprise but you'll know when you see it." He drove for a while and a Ferris wheel came into view and I grin at the sight.

"We're going to." I point at the endless carnival.

"Yes we are, I thought it would be fun." He replied seeming worried. "Thank you Ken, I love it and it's been a while since I've been there." I hug the man forgetting we're still moving. It was already the best first date ever.

+++

LMJ