XII

"Just pick something. I don't know what the fuck to wear," I tell Brenna, walking out of the room. My brain is frazzled and I'm starting to second guess tonight. I don't really want to spend a dinner with Harry.

It's going to end with him getting mad and I'm going to get pissed too.

"Do you want to look hot or like a slob?" she calls from my room, my hands running under the water in the bathroom.

"Your pick!" I yell back, washing my face soon after. I'm trying to fill in my time with the most random things. I've walked around the house at least twenty times.

I walk back into my room and she shows me the outfit. Jeans and a sweater; perfect.

"You change, then I'm doing your hair," she tells me, and I nod. She leaves the room and I change my clothes. The sweater she had chosen has a frayed neckline and hem; however, it shows off the tattoos on my chest and shoulders. I sigh, debating on whether or not to keep it on.

"Fuck it, fuck it," I tell myself, looking in the mirror. I walk into the bathroom, sitting down to allow Brenna to do my hair.

"You're acting like you're about to get engaged," she tells me, and I glare at her.

"Engaged? More like acting as if I'm going on a date with a sociopath," I remark, making her laugh. She starts straightening my hair, my hand grabbing my phone.

"Keep an open mind. He took care of you last night. Or at least I think he did; I was wasted," she says, making me smile.

I open the message I see from Harry and I open it. He asks me if I'm okay with Chinese food. All I do is tell him it's fine and I set the phone on the counter.

"He has the courtesy to ask you if Chinese food is okay. Lina, he doesn't seem that bad," Brenna tries, and I shrug.

"He's got the shortest fuse in the world. It's so easy for him to get on my nerves, and when he gets angry at me, I get angry at him," I explain, but I look at her in the mirror. She has a smile on her face.

"What?" I groan, and she smirks. Brenna does this; it sucks.

"It's just," she pauses, trying not to laugh. "I think the two of you are hotheads and you challenge each other. It's entertaining for me because it seems like you two are each other's perfect match."

I make an amused noise. Harry and I fight a lot; by no means does that mean we're meant for each other.

"It's true, Lina. There's a reason fate did this," she explains, and I just ignore it. I start my make-up and barely put anything on. I don't feel the need to dress up for him.

There's a knock on the door and Brenna sets the straightener on the counter. I look up at her, her arms crossing over her chest.

"Okay, fine, I'll get the door," she rolls her eyes, walking out of the bathroom. I put hoop earrings in and I put on chap-stick.

"Is Lina here?" I hear Harry asks, and I can hear Brenna calling me a pain in the ass.

"Fuck off, Brenna," I yell, walking to my room to get shoes. I hear the two of them talk while I put a pair of boots on and I walk out to them, Harry looking over at me.

"Let's go," I say, Harry grabbing the door.

"I'll see you later, Brenna," I say to her, mouthing 'help me' over my shoulder on the way out. She tells me I'm fine, the door shutting behind us.

"Good to see you too, baby," Harry says, my head turning to look at him. He's got to stop the whole baby thing.

"Knock that shit off, Harry," I warn, and he laughs. We walk outside and the two of us walk down the street.

"I didn't want to piss you off further than I already will, hence why I asked if Chinese food was going to be okay," he tells me, and I nod. I appreciate the gesture, even if it was a way to lessen my anger towards him.

"Thanks," I say, his head constantly turning to look at me. I can tell he's checking me out.

"What?" I ask, look over at him. He smirks at me and I can see the dimple press to his cheek.

"I can see the tattoos today," he tells me, and I look down at my exposed shoulder.

"It's whatever at this point," I shrug, and I can tell by the smile that's plastered on his face that he likes it. I'm sure he's thinking that my mind is somewhat changing, but I don't think it is.

We get to the restaurant and he follows behind me, gently setting his hand on my back as we walk in. I don't say anything against it.

Harry and I are seated in the back corner, my mind wondering if he did this intentionally. I sit in front of him and I grab the menu, looking over at him when I see his eyes on me.

"Not looking at the menu?" I ask, his head shaking as he tells me no.

"I get my usual. I come here a lot," he explains, and I set the menu down myself.

"Then I'll get the same as you," I tell him, his eyebrow lifting as he seems surprised.

"You trust me?" he wonders, interested in my answer. I just smile, playing along.

"Didn't say that, did I?" I smirk, his arms leaning onto the table. He looks around the room before he looks back at me, my body leaning back in my chair.

"Where's you family, Lina?" he asks, my eyebrows furrowing. Where the hell did that come from?

"Why do you need to know?" I say firmly, not really wanting to give him any sort of information on my life.

"Just asking. Trying to start a conversation," he says, putting his arms up in surrender.

The waitress comes and I order a water, then Harry says an extensive order. My eyes widen as he rifles things off, the waitress seeming to know Harry. She's smiling at him and I can tell she is very comfortable around him. He comes here a lot so I'm sure she knows him.

After he thanks her, Harry turns back to me with a smile on his face. I lift my eyebrow, curious as to what that was all about.

"I know her. Get over it," he says, and I roll my eyes.

"Lina, don't start this. You're acting like you're jealous," he says, and I turn to look at him. It may be jealousy, or it may be that he's here talking to this girl while I'm sitting a foot away from him.

Jealousy is not a good look for me. Nor does it feel good.

I purse my lips, not knowing what to say in response, and I just lean against the table myself. Harry doesn't say anything, and I'm unsure if it's because he doesn't want to push his luck.

"Lina, you look like you haven't been able to relax since we've gotten here," he says, and I sigh. I have not relaxed a minute since he's come into my life.

"Try since the night I met you," I remark, and he keeps his eyes focused on me. I can tell he's been looking over my exposed skin, taking in his tattoos that liter my skin. For once, I find myself blind to it. It doesn't bother me anymore, just because of how often he's doing it.

"I have a proposition then," Harry says, and I look into his eyes. I have no idea where this is going to go.

"Have you ever smoked?" he asks, my eyes narrowing. He knows I smoke, but I don't know what other kind he's talking about.

"Which kind?" I ask, his lower lip taken between his teeth. I find my eyes diverting to the action.

"Weed," he elaborates, and I nod. I have smoked weed plenty of times, thanks to Brenna's cousin. He hooks her up with some every once in a while.

"I have some back at my place. We can go to the roof," he suggests, and I purse my lips to the side as I contemplate. I have not gotten high in a long time, and, I as much as I don't want to make this night longer than it has to be, I want to get high.

"I'm in," I tell him, a huge grin taking over his face at my words.