[14]

RICKY THREW A BASKETBALL UP in the air, catching it as it came back down, repeatedly doing this action

RICKY THREW A BASKETBALL UP in the air, catching it as it came back down, repeatedly doing this action. He and Big Red were chilling in the latter's basement bedroom, still dreading the thought of the news that came from today's rehearsal.

"It's so weird not being at rehearsal right now. How stupid is that," Ricky let out a breathy laugh.

"What if we just do the play without her?" Big Red suggested to his best friend, referring to their drama teacher. Ricky stopped throwing the ball and sat up from his laying position on the bed.

"We can't even take a picture without her, no offense, so what makes you think that we could pull off a whole musical without her?" Ricky replied.

Big Red shrugged. "I think we could do it. If we put Carlos and Luna in charge, things could work out."

Some air was forced out of Ricky's cheeks. "As much as I like my girlfriend as well as Carlos, they could not handle the entire cast and crew along with all the other technicalities that result from putting on a musical," he pointed out. Big Red nodded, kind of agreeing with his friend. It would be a lot of work for the two to take on, but he had faith they could do it if they had to.

It was then that both boys heard the staircase creek as people moved down it. Big Red had invited a few other people to come over before Ricky had shown up at his door. A big wave of people had fluctuated into Big Red's basement within 10 minutes as somehow word got out that the theater people were all meeting up there. Gina had passed the news onto Luna, who was the last one to show up.

The stairs creaked as she came down, entering the practically silent basement. There were a few side conversations going on, but only with hushed whispers. There was nowhere left to sit due to the large amount of people in the basement.

Ricky caught her eye as he waved her over to him. She ended up basically sitting on her boyfriend's lap as they squished together in a chair since there was nowhere else to sit. Neither of them minded in the least.

Ricky wrapped an arm around her and pressed a kiss to her temple after they got situated in the seat.

"Hey Lulu, long time no see," he greeted quietly.

"What's going on, Ric? Why are we all here?" She whispered to her boyfriend.

He shrugged beside her. "I guess we all just needed to come together to be miserable about the Miss Jenn situation." She nodded, placing her head on his shoulder, playing with her boyfriend's hand. He wasn't wrong. They all needed to vent about the situation, but no one else really understood unless they were also going through it. They really only had each other.

So that's what happened. The group vented, and aired out their grievances and anger against their teacher. They spoke of how Miss Jenn gave them a chance, a voice, an opportunity. It was all going to be ripped away and go unheard because of Miss Jenn's lies. They were upset, which they had every right to be as their teacher put everything on the line because she failed to tell the truth.