03

When Kegan woke up, he didn't open his eyes right away. Opening his eyes could mean being told to get up, and he felt in no condition to do so.

His entire lower half felt as though he'd been beaten with a metal club. He couldn't move without burning pains cutting through his body, not to mention the disgusting stickiness he felt surrounding his hole and on his legs.

Alpha Leon was still holding him tightly, breathing softly into his hair.

Kegan had been taught that as an Omega, he would draw pleasure from pleasing any Alpha, whether it be his mate or not. However, he now knew that was a lie.

He never felt satisfied when serving his old Alpha, even if he was praised afterward. He certainly didn't derive pleasure from being given to and used by Alpha Leon, so he was left wondering how he'd ever be okay in his new life.

There was no chance he'd be able to leave. Not in a pack full of highly trained Alphas. From what Kegan knew of the North River pack, they were even stronger than his previous one, and therefore more dangerous. They were the second ranked pack in the country, just behind the Blood Moon pack that spread over the West Coast.

Kegan had always been told that if they were attacked by the Blood Moon pack, they'd give their Omegas up to the other pack as an offering and an attempt to make peace and keep the stronger pack from killing anyone.

"At least we're not there," Kegan told his wolf, who was still sulking and brooding over their treatment.

Kegan could sense his wolf's anxiety and fear, and he knew that giving yourself to another wolf was among the worst things that you could do. It was almost a set up for rejection if they ever met their mate.

By that point, Kegan hoped he never came face to face with his mate. His wolf whined pitifully at that, but didn't attempt to fight back, because they both knew the truth:

If they were to meet their mate, it would only result in a cruel rejection.

No wolf, whether their mate be Alpha or Beta, would want an impure whore as their mate. Especially one who's only purpose is to carry another Alpha's pups.

Kegan reminded himself that in his world, that was an Omega's only use. His wolf scoffed at that, disappointed in the thought, but that's all that Kegan had ever been taught.

Omegas were used for breeding, simple as that.

Leon stirred beside him, so Kegan forced himself to stay still and breathe slowly, praying that the Alpha would leave him alone and let him rest.

Thankfully, Leon didn't attempt to wake him up right away and slowly slid out of bed. He could be heard rummaging through his drawers and getting dressed before he reappeared beside Kegan.

He gently shook the Omega's shoulder, making Kegan fight the urge to whine and cover up his face.

"Get up, Omega," Leon murmured, sounding refreshed and awake.

Kegan opened his eyes, meeting those of Leon. He quickly diverted his eyes to the window behind Leon so he wasn't making eye contact.

"Good boy," Leon praised, smiling at Kegan. "I'm going to be out most of the day. Someone will bring you food. I want you showered and naked on the bed when I get back. I do not want a repeat of the disobedience I experienced last night."

Kegan just nodded, emotionally drained and filled with a new anxiety. He didn't know how he'd be able to tolerate a repeat of the unbearable pain already coursing through his lower back.

"You look upset, Omega," Leon said gently, cupping Kegan's face in his hand.

Kegan could feel his wolf stirring, urging Kegan to shift so he could attack the Alpha that insisted on touching him.