18 • Puppet of Heart

"I will never finish falling in love with you"

.
.

K "Stupid ladki!" He sighed dreamily when she literally ran out of the room.

N "Naira what's happening to you! Yeh kya kar rahi thi main? He is not well. You are here for this reason. That's it Naira. You are not his wife in real! Although he doesn't remember you. Isliye bekar ki feelings man mein mat lao. Jitna uske kareeb jaogi utna hi hurt hogi. So better you stay away from him." Her mind told sternly. So she decided against it.

"How can you be so selfish, Naira? uski tabiyat thik nahi hai. he needs you aur tum usse dur jane ki soch rahi ho." Her heart scolded.

"Main nhi jaungi kahi. tabtak jabtak vo thik nahi hojata. ekbar woh thik hojaye phir main apne raste woh apne." She finally decided against her heart.

K "Here I thought we are getting back together." He sighed, with a pale face.

How fast the time changes? He was so happy thinking maybe she was coming out from her zone. the anger was melting. But listening this, he got disheartened again. He just left from there.

___

Kartik quickly got freshen up and came downstairs to join his family for breakfast. All were sitting she was not there. His eyes were searching for her. Wondering, where was she!

"Good morning, Kittu." Dadi wished him and He reciprocated with a smile, wishing her back.

K "Good morning."

"Naira abhitak so rahi hai kya, Suwarna? Tumne bulaya nahi usse?" Dadi asked, Kartik eagerly waited for her answer.

Suwarna "Haan Maaa. Woh baas aarahi hogi."

"There she is! Bhabhi, come!" Mansi said and Kartik turned at his back to see his angel, who was looking beautiful like always.

"Beautiful." He whispered in daze. Naira settled next to him.

K "Dadi mera hogaya." He said standing up.

Dadi "lekin kittu. Tumne kuch khaya kaha thik se. aur dawai bhi toh leni hai. chalo chupchap khao." she ordered strictly.

All the time she was just looking at him. So confused at his behavior. What happened all of a sudden?

K "Dadi, please..."

Smewhere she thought he didn't like her presence that's why he left his breakfast.

"I think usse uncomfortable feel horaha hoga. Aap usse bula lijiye. I will have it in my room." She uttered sadly.

"Bhai bhi na! What is this now? she is already upset." Mansi said in anger.

"Alright! Main dekhti hoon." Suwarna assured them all. She arranged a plate for the two before going towards Kartik's room.

K "Maa?" He saw his mother holding the breakfast tray and thought it must be for him.

K "Maine kaha tha nah mujhe nahi khana.. aap.." He answered, irritated.

Suwarna "Tumare liye nahi hai."

K "Hmm? Toh?"

Suwarna "This is for Naira." She answered to which he understood the matter.

K "You mean, usne.."

Suwarna "Hmm.. usne apna breakfast nahi kiya! kyuki usse lagta hai ki tum uske saath uncomfortable the isliye waha se uthke chale aaye." She replied on his behalf.