Chapter 40 - Armory

It was nighttime now. You and the other three were coming up on the armory.

Ava: Stay cool, alright? No stupid shit.

A guard comes out of the door and you all hide.

Ava: Sit. They got Bob on duty. I'll get him away from the door and meet you three inside.

Y/N: You can count on us.

Ava: Be careful. There might be more in there.

She walks up the guard and lures him away.

Y/N: Looks like that's our cue.

Javi: Before we head in, remember Gabe, be cool.

Gabe: I've done this before.

Javi: No. No, you haven't.

Y/N: We should get a move on, before it's too late.

Javi: Yeah. Let's go.

You three headed up the flight of stairs and snuck into the armory. Javi looked down one of the hallways.

Javi: Ava said it was this way.

You followed Javi down the hallway. It was... oddly quiet. We reached the end of the hallway and you were met with a door.

Gabe: The guns are through the door.

Javi tried turning the knob.

Javi: Locked. No time to look for a key, either.

You see a fire extinguisher on the wall, you picked it up and handed it to him.

Y/N: Better get to taking off that knob then.

He takes the fire extinguisher and slams it into the knob. It takes him three times before he gets the knob off. You walked through the door and through another and you are all now in the armory. You picked up a duffel bag and begun loading guns and ammo into it. You picked up an AK and began inspecting it.

Y/N: Yeah. This is mine.

Javi laughs.

Javi: Think you can handle the kick?

Y/N: I don't know, but I'm still gonna use it. But if it kicks me on my ass I'll trade you for that pistol.

You heard footsteps behind you and you quickly turned around and aimed your gun. It was Ava.

Ava: Cool your jets there, Rambo. Heh, sorry to scare you. When we get back to Eleanor's, we need to talk to those people about doing the right thing by this place.

She grabs one of the duffels.

Ava: I'll meet you at the entrance.

She walks off and you finished loading more ammo.

Javi: Why don't you two go by the entrance, too? I'll finish up in here.

Y/N: Alright. 

You and Gabe walk out of the armory and proceeded to go down the hallway. Once you were halfway down, you see a shadow, and it was too big to be Ava's.

Y/N: Shit! Hide!

You shoved Gabe into a nearby room and closed the door.

Gabe: We have to stop him! He'll find Javi!

Y/N: Just keep cool. Javi'll take care him. We can't fight him.

The guard is about to pass the door. Gabe, being the fucking idiot he is, slams the door open, which hits the guard.

Gabe: Freeze!

He shoves Gabe off him and aims a pistol at him. You were just gonna stay there, so he'll learn his lesson, but you decided to be the bigger person.

You slammed the door open again and knock the gun out of his hands. He then pulls out a knife and shoves you against the wall. You began to struggle with him, using all your strength to keep him from stabbing you, but he overpowers you, sending the knife deep into your arm and leaving it in there.

Javi runs around the corner and runs over to you. He grabs the guard and slams his head against the wall, knocking him out.

Javi: What the hell happened?!

You gripped the knife and quickly pulled it out. 

Y/N: Your goddamn nephew is what happened! He's a fucking idiot! He could've gotten us both killed!

Javi: Gabe! What the fuck?!

Gabe: I-I'm sorry!

Ava quickly runs over to us.

Ava: Jesus Christ! I can't leave you guys alone, can I? Is he still alive?

Javi: Yeah, just passed out.

Ava: Here let me look at your arm.

She kneels down and examines the cut.

Ava: It's really deep, and it's bleeding a lot. It needs to get treated.

Y/N: Fuck... we don't really have the supplies.

Ava: No it's okay. Lingard's close friends with David, he'll help you out. Toss that guard in the closet so nobody will see him.

Javi and Gabe dragged him into the closet and closed the door.

Ava: The medical facility is nearby, and it should quiet around this time, too.

Javi: Sounds like a plan, but let's be quick.

You and the other three exited the armory and headed towards the hospital.