Chapter 1

"Oi, wake up!"

I cracked open my eyes as the banging on my cell door intensified and became louder. Can't they see I'm at least trying to sleep?

Sitting up on my hard cot, I quickly stretched my arms over my head before standing and tapping the steel door with my knuckle.

They took that as my signal to continue, and promptly did so.

"Back away with your hands on the wall, beast."

I did as they asked while sighing at the nickname. I stood still as four men inches into the cell, guns raised and holding metal poles with loops on them, which you'd find someone working at a pound use.

I didn't react as they hooked the loops around my throat and tightened them, since I was well used to it by now. "So..", I drawled slowly, "Where are we off to this time?" The guards in response shifted a little further from me. They knew what I could do, so it made it all little easier.

"Someone is willing to talk about your discharge."

My eyes snapped over to the guard that had spoken. Huh? Who the hell in their right mind would let me out of here? Who even had the authority for such a thing?

How interesting~

After being navigated through the confusing hallways, we had finally arrived at a seemingly empty room. I was led inside and quickly pushed into one of the chairs, handcuffs chained behind the chair and into a deadbolt and walls. So many precautions, eh?

As I waited for company, I casually looked around the room in search of any sort of entertainment. Unfortunately the only thing here was this table, and another chair placed across for myself.

A few minutes later, the vast metal door slowly slid open, a small figure appearing into view.

The fuck is that?

C̶̭̣̤͓̳̈́ḁ̷̢̢̡͓͖̝̜̻̲̀̇n̸̢̨̰̩̱͔̳͔̺͋͆̍̓̂͜͝ ̴̛̣̇̀̈́̅̈̀̈́̚͝ͅI̶̪͕͍͋̈ ̷̢͉͖̱̺̦̬͚͌͒͜ͅȩ̶̛̞̼͍̠̺̜̖͚̼̎̄͊ą̴͎̖̻̭̥̼̒̿͜ͅṱ̴̨͕͍͙̩̤̜̼̈͒̋̚͜ ̵̧̛̛͉͍͍̮͈̻̘̅̅̄̃́̋̐ï̴̬̖̱̙̥͈͍̒̓̏͗̈͆t̵͇͍̗̺̥̐̀̀?̸̡̹̬̦̳̯̬̱̖͖̑̎͑͐̄͠

My eyes narrowed as I tilted my head at the small creature wearing a tuxedo tried and successfully scrambled up into the chair opposite me.

"Hello Mr. (L/N)! It is a pleasure to meet you, I am Nezu." the mouse/dog/bear squeaked, setting his seemingly fluffy paws on the table.

I wanna squish them.. I blinked at him in surprise once he spoke. "Hello.." I responded, not really sure what to make of the situation.

"I believe you've already heard that I want to take you away from this place, correct?" Nezu squeaked, staring intently at me. I nodded, quietly running my tongue over my sharp teeth.

"I've looked into your case, Mr. (L/N)."

My eyes shot over to the small creature, my features becoming stoic and unreadable.

"And based on what I've learned, I would like for you to come to Yuuei and become a hero.  Think of it as a redemption."

A dark laugh escaped my lips as I looked across the steel table at my companion. "And what makes you think me going there will even do anything?" I questioned, leaning forwards and straining against the quirk-resistant cuffs.

"I know you're not the monster everyone thinks you are."

.
.
.

"Ī̶̠̬͋̀̅̽̽̕'̶̰͉̱͓̣̃m̴͓̮̪̻̒̒͝ ̶͙͈̭͖͖͎̟͊̀͝ā̷̛͕f̸̨͈̗͊́̓r̷̨̮̖͂a̷̬̼̦̖̍̀̀̑͗̀̑ͅi̸̠͈̊̾͗̿̅̚d̵̞͉̦̹̈̔ ̶̬̃t̵̻͎̭̝͊̀͠ͅĥ̵̨̯̯̈́̈́̔̂̚͝ȧ̵̢̝̝̱̹͚̅͆t̷͉̼͛̈̊̊'̸̟̟̲͆͑̉̋̒̊s̴̗͉͍͔͉͗̅̅͊̆́͘ ̴̱̻̻̂̄̃͋͆̆͘w̸̫̜̜̼͌̏́͑̓͝h̷̬͔́͐͑͠é̴͖̳͈̪̐͂͆ṙ̷̡̮͈̦̙͉e̸̛̪̜͑̀̈́͑̽̀ ̷͍͉͙̿̑̏͆̎̕y̶̡͈͉̤͊͐͋̂͑̌͝o̵̩̠̼͂ṳ̴̟̯͈̄͂̀̕͜'̵̯̯̌̐̃͂ȑ̴̡̢̢̳̦̙̍̀͐̓̚͜͝é̷͍̻͈̺̙̽̈͂̽̀ ̴͇̺̹͚̲̦̐͑͗̀̀w̵̳̱͇͒̔̃͂͘̚ȑ̷̮͕̤̘ǫ̵̖͔̣̭͙͚̿̿̾̒̍̏͘n̶̝̣̥̺̳̤͐ͅg̵͚̭̺̣̟̗̉̑͌̅̔̌.̸͖̖̍̚.̴̛̛͓̝̹̤̼͐́̈̚̕"