⚜Chapter 16⚜

Farewell to Storyville

❇❇❇❇

It's hard to say goodbye when you have so much to talk about still.

❇❇❇❇

"Nik! Stop, please." Isabelle pleaded as she positioned herself in front of the trembling blonde Original whilst Elijah eyed his brother's movements with suspicion as Niklaus stepped forward.

"You would side against me." Niklaus growled at the noirette, "You out of all people know what happens to those who betray me."

"Nik, listen to me, she's your sister. Your little sister! You don't want to hurt her." She tried to reason as Rebekah's heart hammered in her chest profusely. She was truly afraid for her life.

"You're right, I don't want to hurt her." Isabelle and Elijah looked at him with some hope, "I wish to kill her." Niklaus growled before lunging forward to reveal the White Oak stake clutched in his hand.

The Parabatai couple jumped forward in time as Isabelle successfully stopped his hand mid-air before it could hurt Elijah or herself. Elijah restrained him from pouncing towards their sister and Rebekah took a horrified step back.

"Sister, leave us," Elijah asked the blonde as she shook at the sight of her furious half-brother thrashing around in Elijah's grip just to kill her.

"Rebekah! GO!" Isabelle yelled snapping her out of her terror as she sped to the other side of the cemetery the witches had forced them in.

Elijah roughly pushed Niklaus back as Isabelle took a stand behind him, in case he tried to go after Rebekah again. 

Niklaus tightened his grip around the stake as he looked at the Parabatai couple standing on each side of him, he gave out a bitter laugh as he shook his head.

"Look at you two, always trying to save this family when it is so clearly divided beyond measure." He snarled at them, "And you, Izzy, Elijah has got you all roped into this search for my redemption like a mad man's conquest." He spat in her direction making her roll her eyes.

"I never believed in your redemption, Niklaus." She deadpanned which made the hybrid look a little surprised and hurt, "I was never looking for your redemption, all I ever did was be a good friend to you and as a person who has known you for a decade, killing your sister will not make you happy. I know that." She affirmed making him scoff.

"Yes, but it will do me justice." He stated flatly making Elijah run a hand through his hair in frustration, "She called Mikael into town, what the hell makes you think I want anything but revenge?" 

"Niklaus, you will not kill our sister," Elijah demanded, making Niklaus speed ahead and take his elder brother in a chokehold as he pointed the White Oak stake towards his heart. Elijah grunted before tipping his head back, harshly breaking Niklaus' nose as his elder brother pushed him off himself.

Isabelle glared ferociously at the hybrid as he got back on his feet, "Niklaus have you gone so far in your hunger for revenge that you will harm your own siblings?" She questioned incredulously.

"I will go through anyone who tries to stop me from making my darling sister pay, Isabelle." His answer tipped her off the edge as she launched herself towards him and wrapped her fingers around his neck before slamming his body to a nearby wall.