4

It has been like this for months. Nightmare would visit Y/n whenever he could. They had learned more about eachother during this time and became very close friends.

"Y/n. Where do you get these books?" Nightmare asked while inspecting an old red book.

" I've collected them over time. They're interesting aren't they Nighty." Y/n said.

There was a comfortable silence between the two.  Nightmare kept on sifting through the books looking for one he'd like to read. Though they were all interesting he found one called "Nil and Totum". It was writen in a strange language. It felt familiar in a way so he asked Y/n about it.

"Nil and Totum. I guess you were bound to find it. I wrote that one just in case..." She trailed off.

"In case of what?" Nightmare asked.

"It's not too important but do want me to read it to you? It's the story i told you when we met but in more detail." Y/n continued.

Nightmare frowned at his question not being answered but said sure because he was still curious.

The story was tragic and answered questions that he had about y/n but one being about the other guardian. He didn't ask fearing that it would make her uncomfortable.

"Hey Nighty. Want to help me plant flowers. I think its time to add something new." Y/n said opening the glass door to her garden waiting for a response.

"Sure. What type are they?" Nightmare answered fixing his crown.

"I think you'll like these. They're purple. But if you want me togo into further detail...." She paused and took a deep breath. " I believe they are clematis, morning glory, lilac, cosmos and lavender."

Nightmare just stood there stunned. "That's a mouthful. But impressive."

"Thanks Nighty." Y/n chuckled.

She grabbed his hand and dragged him to where the new flowers would be planted. The guardian of negativity was a blushing mess. It was good Y/n was in front of him Nightmare thought. He regained his composure shortly after.
Y/n turned around and handed him a lilac and some gardening supplies.

They had a fun time planting flowers. By the time they were done Nightmare looked at the sky to see it was close to sunset.

"Y/n I gotta go." Nightmare said.

"Bye Nighty." Y/n said.

Nightmare walked out of the cottage and entered the forest. It was a quiet walk back to the tree. Dream wasn't there again. This has been happening more frequently but he always came at some point.
The sun already set by the time Dream had returned. Nightmare was half asleep on the branch when he noticed.

"Dream where were you?" He said.

"In town." The other gaurdian reaponded.

"Why did you come late? Did you forget about me?" Nightmare asked.

"No. Brother i could never. I'm sorry I was late they wouldn't let me leave." Dream explained. "I have an idea. Tommorow we'll spend the day together. We'll go to the village and visit your friend. Does that sound good."

"Okay." Nightmare yawned.

Morning came. Nightnare and Dream woke up and went to the village. Nightmare didn't trust them but he hoped that with Dream they wouldn't hurt him.

-

Y/n needed to go into the village. She was running short on supplies.  She grabbed her cape and headed toward the village. She saw the tree Nightmare talked of so much.
She looked at it in awe and continued on her way.