Chapter 29: The betrayal of Zach Williams

Princess was sitting in front of his favourite bosses' uncle- Marcus Johnston. Unlike Cut Throat who was who he said he was, and did what he said he would do, Marcus Johnston was a wild card. Too coward to really live his life the way he wanted to. Princess stared at him in confusion, how did he get to become this way? How could he after growing up with the privileged life that very few people across the globe get to live, still not really know who he was?

"I called you here..........because well I'm sure you already know.........you're best friend probably already told you.........." He said waiting for Princess to bite the bait. But Princess did not take it, he should be man enough to at least say what he wants to say. He feigned ignorance "tell me what Marcus?" he asked slowly, he could see the irritation show on Marcus's face. Sigh, Good Lord just spit it out already ! Princess thought irritably

"Judy is expecting .............my baby..." Marcus said finally. Princess wanted to roll his eyes, he couldn't contain his irritation with him

"Un hun......and ? Will you be taking responsibility?" Princess asked

"Of course I am ! You think I will let a Johnston heir just roam around growing up in destitute conditions !"

"And there it is ! The reason WHY she doesn't want to give you the time of day !" Princess said, exaggerating his hand movements, "Now you just asking for it..."

"What are you going on about ......."Marcus asked

"Look Marcus this is absurd. You want the baby? Well then make peace with the mother as well...it's just that simple....when you say things like 'destitute conditions' ........you know what that is? That is plain disrespectful! Because those 'destitute conditions' were good enough for you to make the baby?" Princess spat out at Marcus

"Hey ! Look ! that's not what I meant !" He said growing red in the face, Princess puffed,

"Did you put her up to this ? Because that's exactly what she said to me...and she's never spoken to me like that before ..."

Princess huffed again "Oh you wish, she's been far too kind with you ! You know what Marcus just be a man !"

"Be a man you say? Funny thing it coming from you !"

"Oh I'm all man honey !" Princess said swaying his hands again, "You are just a jerk, get it together and start treating Judy the way she deserves to be treated...........WITH RESPECT" Princess said, slamming down his glass of water, while getting up and heading out of the restaurant.

Urgghhhhhhh ! Marcus Johnston just makes him so angry, the complete opposite of his younger nephew. Just wait until he hears about this......Princess thought as he sashayed his way to his pink convertible.

********************

Leila was really nervous on the days leading up to the Royal Ball. As far as she could remember she had never been to anything remotely close to such an event. Her Aunt Margot made sure of that. The more she thought about it, the more she realized she wasn't a people's person either, so she wasn't sure how she was going to handle being in a social climate with her fellow peers at Royal High. 

She wouldn't be surprised though if they were all made to sit in some corner and watch the others have a ball.......could that be the idea? But when she asked the other beggars, none of them mentioned anything like that, to her surprise she found out it was the one event, where they were in fact 'allowed' to mingle with the other kids, but there was something in that, that still tugged at the dignity of the charity kids Leila thought feeling oddly sad.