Ten. Lan Xianyin

In a landscape of overgrowth, a run down medium-sized house sits in the middle of it

In a landscape of overgrowth, a run down medium-sized house sits in the middle of it. Wei Wuxian sees himself in there, flaunting shamelessly with loose undergarments that barely hang around his waist as his knees stuck in the mud. It looked like he may be in trouble but doesn't seem like it with the way his face is twisted in figuring out how to widen the pit efficiently.

"Wei Wuxian!"

"You're back already?" Wei Wuxian asked, looking away momentarily from what he is doing. He does not seem even a little surprised to find a young male, dressed in golden garb with long hair tightly fixed in a high ponytail. It bounces behind him as he walks towards him. Wei Wuxian smiled as he continued to him, "Great, Lan Zhan and Wen Ning need all the help to fix the house today." It's the new Sect Leader Jin, Jin Ling, Jin Rulan.

"What are you talking about? Who will help you build a sorry-looking house?" Jin Ling raised a brow, to which the man only laughed as a response.

Not far from them, the Ghost General appeared to be bringing in logs from the hill and dropped it into the sloppy pile. Trotting behind the living corpse is Lan Wangji in his white robes, also bringing in materials from uphill. Lan Wangji seemed to be struggling because of the heat. There's a light sheen of sweat forming in his usually serene face.

"Sure, why else would you travel from Lanling to Gusu?" Wei Wuxian grinned, "The juniors went to the nearby town to assist a case. They'll be back tomorrow morning. In the meantime, you help Uncle Xian, okay?"

"Uncle Xian... W-What?"

Wei Wuxian grinned. "Go help Lan Zhan."

Despite his protests, it was obvious in his face, Jin Ling grumbled under his breath about not receiving this kind of treatment from his own sect, but did as told anyway.

Many days or months have passed, the run-down house looked like it had gone through a massive transformation. It was no longer just a medium-sized house. It has expanded in all directions. The overgrowth around the house is now gone, only beautiful landscape of greeneries, vegetable patch on the other side, and chicken coop at the rear of the house. In front of the house is a huge lake.

"So, say, what do you think if I call this place Lotus Recesses?" Wei Wuxian heard himself asking, placing the wooden bucket beside Jin Ling, who busied himself into digging out a pond.

"Shameless," Jin Ling replied, not even dared to look away from what he is doing.

Meanwhile, Wei Wuxian could only laugh. "You are spending too much time with Lan Zhan, you sound just like him. I fear for our A-Yuan, day by day, he talks like his other father."

Jin Ling stopped what he was doing, a soft red coloring his cheeks. Must be the heat from the sun up in the sky.

"A-Yuan!"