Chapter 6 - Schlatt

A/N: Schlatt in this story will be a mix of his 'YouTube Persona' and how I think he might act like in real life, oh and of course some fanfiction 'this will happen in a book but never irl'.

I walk in to my intricate work place to find no one but Schlatt to be at the cafe. My head slightly tilts upwards to look at the brown, wooden clock on the wall and see that I'm definitely not early. I decide to ignore the fact Techno and Wilbur aren't here and put on my uniform. 

About 10 minutes had passed and still no sign of Wilbur or Techno showing up. I wanted to ask Schlatt where everyone is, but I'm way too nervous and intimidated. Don't get me wrong, he looks like a really nice guy but he seems so refined and professional, which makes him intimidating... ah, whatever I'm going to muster up the courage to ask.

"S-Schlatt?" I ask my heart nervously shaking and running around. Oh god social interactions no please I hate it here.

"Yes?" He calmly responds, so calmly compared to my shaky unsure voice it makes me a bit jealous. My shoulders stiffen.

"Where's Techno and Wilbur?" I ask, trying to sound as relaxed as I can. Trying is the main word here.

"Oh I forgot to tell you!" Schlatt chuckles, making me realise not to be so tense. I relax the shoulders I unconsciously stiffened.

"Uh..yeah?"

"Techno said he had to do something important today and Wilbur's mum came to visit him from his hometown, so it's just us two together..." Schlatt leans close to your ear, like how techno did yesterday.

"...alone." a splash of pink forms on my cheeks as you realise what he means.

"S-stop teasing me!" I push him away lightly with one hand and desperately try to cover my red cheeks with the other, failing at doing both. Pushing Schlatt did nothing and you were basically just feeling his chest. I try again, but all I did was basically squeeze his pecs.

"N-ngh" I hear Schlatt make a small whimper.

"I'm so sorry! I-" Schlatt blushes, and keeps looking at me. Time felt like it stopped, I could see his face clearly and close-up making me blush even more, which I thought was impossible. We just essentially checked each other out. Until we heard the bell make the slightest sound, making both of us rush away from each other to not look suspicious. I notice a customer walk in and see Schlatt handle the order.

Why does this keep happening? It's essentially the same everytime but with someone different too, please my heart can't handle this!!

"Y/N can you get 2 lemon tarts while I make 2 hot chocolates?" Schlatt says,

"Yeah sure!"

"Thanks."

After completing the order, me and Schlatt just start acting like nothing happened and talk about school, pets etc. The more I talked the more I realised how funny he was, and how he's not actually intimidating at all. Schlatt says a joke and I start uncontrollably laughing.

"I'm glad you seem more relaxed now and that your shoulders have relaxed too."

"Oh, you noticed I was nervous? Sorry about that...You know, I was intimidated by you at first"

"What? Ahahah, why?"

"Well, you just seemed so professional and organised, but I realise you're just a big loud softie now." I jokingly say, giving a small laugh.

"Softie? I am not soft."

"Yes you are!"

"No. Why would I be"

"Well, you're cute. Soft and cute go well together so you're soft"

"What-"

"Oh look at the time! I should be getting home now. Well, see ya tomorrow Schlatt!" you say in a panic.

"Wait but-"

"BYE." You hurriedly rush to the changing room and manage to step one foot into there, only for Schlatt to grab your hand. You try to slip away, making Schlatt use his other hand to trap you against the lockers.

"I said wait."

"I uh-"

"I just wanted to say, that I'm not a softie, you are, cutie." Schlatt simply says, and walks out of the changing rooms.

You what??? I got cornered onto the wall AGAIN. Not that I'm complai-