Chapter 1

Hi everyone! This is just the start of this book! Updates will be coming as fast as I can write because of quarantine. Thank you so much for reading this book. I hope I will meet your expectations! I haven't seen many, if any, Suna fanfictions and my boy DESERVES one so much. He's such a cutie and I cannot wait to write this <3

Word Count:1502

Chapter 1 - Electrifying

I had never been to Hgoto, I didn't know the dialect, how they acted to newcomers, or how they would react when they saw my un-Japanese-like appearance. I knew absolutely nothing. I was totally blindsided when my mom, Kohaku, pulled me from school one day in Karasuno and told me I would be changing schools in the beginning of my second year. It was totally uncalled for, I was angry.

"Mom, I swear if they speak in some weird-ass dialect I will be so angry," I said as I glanced at my mom while she was driving.

"They probably won't, Ky, take a break and rest. You were up all night talking to Tobio about the move." She replied, keeping her eyes directly on the car in front of us and they turning onto a new road full of houses.

"We're almost there though, why would I want to do that," I spoke again before restraining myself from commenting on how I wanted to go back to Miyagi.

Soon enough, we pulled into a small driveway with a sign that said "SOLD" in all capital letters. It was a quaint little place, dad had helped pay for it when he heard my mom and I were buying a new place.

Now, I didn't hate the house, I just didn't like how, right in front of the house, there was a cherry-blossom tree that would obviously blow cherry blossoms into my window when I was drawing. It was on a big property, which meant I could practice volleyball in the yard when need be which was a very enticing prospect.

Mom and I unloaded the car and the movers helped us move into our new house. My room was scarcely decorated with small accessories by the time I was ready to go on a run. I quickly changed into a black long sleeved shirt that read "Fly", shorts, sneakers, and put my hair up into a ponytail and then braided it.

"I'm going on a run!" I yelled through the house, hoping to reach my mom's ears.

"Be careful," she replied, peaking her head up from the downstairs level and looking at my attire, "you don't know the area so stay within our general vicinity."

"I have my phone, mom, I'll be okay," I replied, my eyes crinkling a bit when I smiled before I closed the front door and jogged onto the side of the road.

"Map to Inarizaki High," I spoke into my phone. It was the end of the school day, I guessed, and I wanted to check out the gyms and speak to the volleyball team captain. With that, I jogged lightly for about 5 miles before reaching my destination, a medium sized school that looked fairly new with a couple of students here and there that looked strangely at my outfit. One girl in particular stood out to me: her blonde hair had a stark contrast to the maroon sweater/skirt combination she was wearing. She was also looking at me with blatant curiosity.

"Um- excuse me, but could you direct me to the volleyball gym please?" I spoke barely above a whisper, startling the girl who probably expected me to have a much louder tone.

"Uh- um- yes. Travel straight and then turn right, it'll be directly in front of you. The name's Kodama Hideko, ya can just call me Ko, and you are?" She spoke timidly before projecting her voice a little louder.

"Kaneshiro Kyoko, you can just call me Ky for short," I replied, wincing slightly at her obvious Kansai accent.

"Okay, see ya later Ky-san!" She replied before running off to meet up with her two friends.