For Him...??(Chapter 1)

Saanvika's POV

I woke up early today as I have a meeting with a client at 10 in the morning...... I have some last minute paper work to do..... so I freshened up and got ready to office in a pale blue colour kurta and leggings, tied my hair in a pony, applied some lip balm, took my bag and left my apartment..... On the way, I called my mother and talked to her for about a minute and hung up...... Well this is my daily routine, I talk to her daily but not more than a minute or two..... I love her a lot but she's not much of a talker and coming to me, Let's just say I got away from them after my father passed away..... It's not like we don't love each other, we just don't discuss our pain among ourselves anymore....... I live in Pune but my home town is Nagpur..... I was born and brought up there..... Everything about my home town reminds me of my father..... scratch that, every thing related in my life reminds me of him, y not, I practically live for him..... After he passed away, I have lost interest in my life but had to live because my father wouldn't be happy if I harm myself...... I laugh remembering my older self..... I used to be so afraid of death, I used to cry literally for everything, a single little scratch on my hand or a drop of blood used to make me cry for hours, I was full of hope, I had very big dreams and in every dream of mine, I imagined my father beside me, but now...... It's like I let all my dreams burn with him...... We were a very happy family when my father was alive, he loved me and my brother so much, especially my mother...... she was like my father's heartbeat....... We are one perfect family though we had many problems in our lives..... Everything vanished with him. No I should stop thinking about it before my pain becomes unbearable...... I think of my father at least once an hour but I know exactly when to stop his thoughts to keep myself sane...... All these years spending with this pain had taught me something useful after all...... I reached my office and directly went to my cabin and started my work..... Meera barged into my cabin without knocking, this girl will never learn to knock...... 

"Hey Meera, Good morning", I greeted with a wide smile......
"good morning, my a**, Y didn't u come to the party yesterday ?? I was expecting u" she shouted at me angrily..... I am glad there are very less people in the office as it's still 8 in the morning.....
"hey, u know I am not a party animal like u, I don't like them" I stated calmly as if she didn't scream at me before.....
"how long are u gonna punish yourself" she asked taking a seat opposite to me......
"excuse me, I am not punishing myself, I am completely fine, It's just that I don't like parties" I replied with a serene face......
" Why don't u enjoy your life, loosen up a bit, live for yourself..... be happy...." she stated getting annoyed with my behavior...... well she is right, I don't love myself, nor live for myself, I don't know what happiness means, I live a robotic life..... but that doesn't mean I give people the same impression about me..... People will think me of a happy soul except for a very few people who knew my craziness for my father and meera is one of them.... I first met her 9 years back in a CA coaching center, she is from Nagpur too...... Her father is a retired bank manager and mother is a house wife, Her parents shifted to Pune two years back when she got a permanent job in the firm we are currently working in, They are too attached to stay away from her, though they wouldn't live with her and her husband in the same house, they live near enough to see her daily...... Meera's husband is a software engineer and a good guy..... 
"I am happy" I lied through my teeth, I knew she wouldn't buy it but Can you blame me for trying ??
"yeah.... keep saying that to yourself" she seethed in anger....
"Will u please get out of my cabin so that I can get some work done" I stated getting pissed at her..... 

Well I don't get pissed at people generally..... I am a very patient person or should I say I am patient with people other than my family and sometimes with meera..... Though I won't share my pain with my family, I share every other thing with them...... I will be my true self with them because I know no matter what, they will love me..... There are two different persons in me, before and after my father passed away..... It's like I changed completely except for a very few  traits....... I mentally chuckled at my fate...... Meera got up and left my cabin and I concentrated on my files..... After getting done with the meeting with my client, I went to meera to manofy her...... Normally I don't need to do as I barely hurt people but with meera and my mother, it's completely different, I sometimes feel that they are born to face my wrath..... They push my buttons to an extent where I have no control over my mouth..... Thankfully, she is in a good mood and got convinced easily.....  We talked for a while and later discussed about work...... After lunch I attended back to back meetings as the work load is more these days with the increase in number of our clients...... Our firm recently opened a branch in Delhi and I badly wanted to work there as Delhi is my dream city..... I don't know y I love it but I always wanted to stay there and now it became a necessity, My family started looking for matches and I am not yet ready to marry anyone..... but I couldn't refuse them because I swore on my father that I would get married..... well my brother blackmailed me into that promise, I don't want to think about that deception now..... I reached my apartment, got freshened up and cooked some noodles for dinner as I am not in a mood to cook...... I started having my dinner when my cousin called..... I attended it as she won't call me unless it's urgent or she is having a lot more free time...... second one isn't the case as she is doing masters in obstetrician gynecology and she doesn't even have time to eat ...... Normally I dislike doctors but she's an exception..... I love her and we are very close, her mother and my father are siblings...... I sighed and hung up after the news I received...... a boy's family is coming to see her this sunday.... and she wants me to be there with her....... I said I couldn't but she emotionally blackmailed me..... that idiot always know how to convince me....... Now I should book flight tickets to my home town..... now this will earn me an another lecture from my mother..... Whenever she asked me to come there if some boy's family is coming to see me, I always made up some excuses about my work......... Now if I go there for my Cousin's proposal, she would kill me...... I guess I don't have a choice as I already promised my cousin Aditi...... I ate my noodles sulking at my fate..... after that I went to bed and messaged the whole situation to my bhabhi(my brother's wife)she is the only one who doesn't pressurize me about marriage..... she loves me a lot and knows me too...... she had my back always...... This time too, she promised that she would handle the situation and I trusted her..... I booked my tickets and and slept after setting my alarm.....

Week passed in blur as the work is hectic...... I told meera about the issue with my cousin and travelling to my hometown...... that idiot sided with my mother..... From the time she got married, that is from the past 2 years, she is nagging me to get hitched too..... I simply ignored her words though it became difficult..... thankfully sameer(meera's husband)is on my side and protects me from her rants sometimes.........

I finished my work early and boarded my flight to Nagpur..... I hope my mother stays calm and doesn't scold me much......