PART 7, AUTHOR'S NOTE - 2/19/14, 3:16am

Author's Note 

I can't believe I finally finished my first novel! This is my first book, so it feels like a huge accomplishment. 

When I first started writing Dead in Bed I never, ever thought that I'd be uploading the last part from a motel on the way to California. But that's what I'm doing! I finished the last scene of Part 7 in the back of Kyle's car while he was driving. He's been at the wheel for like fourteen hours straight, and he's totally exhausted. Right now, he's asleep where he collapsed on the motel's bed. (He's actually snoring a little! It's so cute!)

I'm so excited. I don't even really feel afraid. Maybe I'll start feeling afraid and regretting this later, but right now I'm so glad I made this choice. I feel so alive. Really! I called my dad and told him I'm safe, but I wouldn't tell him where I was or that I'm with Kyle. I just told him I'm with a "friend" and that I'll be back maybe sometime in the summer. He didn't even yell at me. I was shocked. He just kind of quietly repeated "Uh-huh" a few times, then after a long silence he just said, very quietly, "Bailey, you come home. Right now." I'm pretty sure he thought I was joking about leaving for good, but, still, I'd never heard such seething anger in his voice. 

I just hung up the phone. And that was it.

I can't believe I actually did this. And I can't wait to get to California! We're going straight to LA first. I actually booked a sublet for us online. I had to empty out half my savings account to do it, but I wanted to surprise Kyle.

I've been writing so hard that I've decided to give myself a little break and enjoy myself with Kyle for a while. But I have some really exciting ideas for what's going to happen to Ashley and Muldoon in the second volume of Dead in Bed. So stay tuned! It's coming really soon!

xxBailey