not dead yet

Percy was sure if he took another step his feet would fall off.

The ever important minister had him running around the gargantuan building all day, checking in on various departments. Percy was tired of talking to moronic old men. He just wanted to go home.

Surely Lee had a better day than he did.

Though she was nervous to have tea with her parents that morning, Percy knew it would be alright. Lee was still a little uncomfortable around them, but things seemed to be heading in the right direction.

Percy's eyes flicked to his watch. Just thirty more minutes and he would be apparating home to her, and they could both vent about their day.

Percy was making his way back to the Minister's office when he was stopped by a familiar face.

Eliza Thorton was the new secretary for the Minister. She was a sweet blonde woman, a few years older than himself.

"Mr. Weasley," she jumped up. "St. Mungo's has been flooing for you for the past hour."

"Why, what's happened?"

"They wouldn't tell me," she gave him a sad look. "Just that something happened to your girl."

Percy felt his heart drop, and burst through the other side of the earth.

"Just go," Eliza ordered. "I'll tell Cornelius."

Percy just nodded, almost sprinting to the apparation point.

_______

Percy felt shaking. It took him a moment to realize that he was the source. His leg bumped up and down as he sat in the waiting room. They were trying to find Lee's file.

It was taking too long.

Percy shot up from his chair, walking back to the front desk.

"We will tell you when we find it Mr. Weasley," the stern secretary scolded. "Sit down or I will have you escorted out."

Percy scowled at the woman, crossing his arms as he sat back down in the chair.

Time inched by like he was back in Professor Binns' class. Pure torture filled with fear and worry. Two emotions that were blending together all too well.

"Mr. Weasley?" A soft voice called out.

Percy jumped up, striding over to the short woman. She gave him a kind smile. Percy didn't return it. There were other things on his mind.

"Right this way," she began walking down a corridor. Percy, of course, followed. "I really am sorry for the wait. Usually files like this are found pretty easily, especially recent ones. I haven't a clue how it ended up in the Janus Thickey files. Very much the wrong place-"

The woman babbled on, but Percy didn't have the will power to listen. She didn't seem to notice his silence.

He got the impression that she could talk enough for two people, probably more.

"Alright, Miss Aspen's room will be number 394, and it'll be on the right," the nurse finished with a bright smile.

"Thank you," Percy mumbled, brushing past her.

"No problem, Mr. Weasley."

The door was closed and the curtains shut. Room 394 was completely covered, not giving Percy any shred of evidence as to whether he was at the right destination. Percy built up his Gryffindor courage, twisting the cold handle.

Percy entered the room to find an unconscious Lee, wrapped in numerous bandages. Her mother was curled in the chair by the bed, reading a copy of Witch Weekly. From the scowl on her face, he could tell she was confused. He watched her for a few moments, noticing her shake every few seconds.