part ii.

If there's one thing I know about my younger cousin, it's that she's terrible at maths

If there's one thing I know about my younger cousin, it's that she's terrible at maths. So technically it's my fault for believing her when she said it was a half-an-hour drive to the party's location. I was in the damn Porsche Cayenne for almost two hours with the speakers turned up to maximum volume. I'm pretty sure I'm deaf in one ear now. 

Turns out, the house belonging to some pompous brat was in the Hamptons. Of course. Where else would it be?

However, Violet was right about one thing. Everyone from Briarwood was here. 

It's not like the house couldn't accommodate for everyone. Hell, the entire population of Africa could fit. It felt illegal even standing in the gigantic kitchen, sipping on a glass of lemonade. That was also quite surprising—there wasn't a single red solo cup in sight. 

Everyone drank from glasses or champagne chutes.

I lean back against the kitchen counter and sigh heavily, my gaze lingering on everyone outside by the pool. Today's temperature was something fresh out of Satan's asscrack, so there was no wonder as to why everyone flocked to the olympic sized swimming pool. 

There were only a few of us inside the house and even less in the kitchen. Hence why I was in here and hadn't moved from this place since I arrived.

I glance around the kitchen and hum at the extravagance of everything. Hmm, so this is what it's like to have everything. I wondered where this kid's parents were. He couldn't possibly be living in this seven-digit home all alone. 

"Oh my god, I'm in love with your shorts!" A girl squeals, taking my attention from my thoughts, and she struts passed me in a bright yellow bikini while holding a bottle of chilled champagne. She notices my confused expression and points down, "Your shorts. Are they Gucci, Tom Ford or Ralph Lauren?" 

I give a tight lipped smile, "Yes..." 

"So vintage." She gives me a little wink and a cheeky grin before sauntering back out to the pool. I fold one arm across my body and glance down at my shorts. They were white linen and high waisted. Sure, I mean they were vintage but I got them for five bucks at a thrift shop. What a steal!

I'm not gonna lie, I did feel extremely insecure here. Everyone seemed straight out of some high-end magazine while I was over here looking like some doodle from a children's picture book. 

But I guess I've got to get use to this feeling for the next two years. 

"Kara!" My cousin exclaims as she bursts into the kitchen with a large dopey grin. Yup, she's definetly been drinking, "There you are, I was trying to find you."  

"Here I am." I say as I place down my now empty glass and step forward, noticing her striped bikini and wet black hair, "Having fun?" 

"So much fun!" She giggles as she spins around like a ballerina before picking up a few grapes from the overly decorated grazing board from Pinterest. "You should come out and swim with everyone else."