Season 1: Chapter 21

Season 1

Chapter 21

After my audience with the queen, my days were still the same as before. Gladly, Heiden did not shown his face in front of me after our encounter. My information says that he always go to Snow every night. Sa araw ay pumupunta siya sa isang abandonadong mansiyon. It might be his hideout or base. Mukhang pinaghahandaan na rin nila ang labanan sa trono. If it comes to worst, they will really result it force. I was also careful not to order Hilda not to infiltrate their place. I do not want to lose her that fast. Alam kong maraming talentadong tao ang nasa tabi ni Heiden. If Hilda fights alone, she will surely lose. Davidron also cannot be used as he always stays by my side. I might not be weak nor strong but I still need one of my people by my side. Countless invitations were sent for me but none of it piqued my interest. As I expected, there were some from Myrna and Ruvia.

Napangisi ako. I looked at the letter Ruvia sent.

She bids greetings and congratulations, even inviting me in her abode.

Napasinghal ako at ipina-sunog iyon kay Hilda.

Hindi pa oras. I know she is fuming in rage after hearing that I am with Heiden right now. Still, I will not waste my time for her. I will just contact her when is needed. She is becoming a bother, really. I did not made any noticeable moves until this day. We just kept an eye to them. I did stop the Maise flower shop from blooming as it is where Snow works. I even framed Ruvia for my simple work. Well, that was just one time. Ang ibang mga ginawa ko ay bumili ng mga propyedad. I also made connections with the underworld using my pseudonym.

This day is a royal day. Kaarawan ni Rionsky. It will be his eighteenth birthday. May banketa na naganap kaninang umaga sa palasyo habang ngayong gabi ay ang sayawan. I am sure many are hoping to dance with him but he is not the type to do that.

Hilda helped me wore a red dress with a high class fabric. I checked myself in front of the mirror.

This is not bad if it were not for the sparkles, I would have like it.

“Lady Arisia from house di Vonce, fiancee of the second prince, Heiden Fins Ronschwald.” Not a princess but lady, huh? Well, it is actually acceptable since I can only become a princess when I am married to Heiden, not that I want to.

Yumuko ako nang sinabi iyon. The royalties were seated on their respective seats. They are looking at me right now.

Nais ko sana na magpakita man lang si Heiden kahit saglit. That way, people can see that our relationship is good. I do not really want to be treated bad if they find out that he does not like me. I still have my name as the daughter of a duke, though. I may not have to worry about it.

Ngumiti lamang ako ng pilit nang kinaway ng hari ang kanyang kamay, hudyat na maaari kong itaas ang aking ulo. Their presence greeted me but it did not overpowered me.

Sanay na ako dahil sa pag-aangkop ko sa palasyo. I have readied myself for it.

“Greetings, Your Majesty the king and queen, Your Highness the crown prince.” I said in a gentle manner. The king nodded at me while Rionsky did not even bother to glance. It was obvious that he is bored and uninterested of his own party. I averted my gaze. Hindi ko ipinahalatang tumitig ako sa kanya.

“Have fun, lady Arisia.” The queen gave a smile.

“Thank you, Your Majesty.” I nodded. We exchanged some coated words. I excused myself after she let me. Some attempted to dance with me but I refused them.

“Lady Arisia!” A familiar, loud voice I heard as I was walking towards the stairs to take my rest at the top seat. It was Myrna. Hindi ako lumingon. I doubled my pace and hid at the next curve. I even heard some of her voice until she was gone. Nakarating ako sa upuan sa itaas ng walang abala. Davidron and Hilda stayed with me for an hour. I managed my uncomfortableness from people’s stare and annoying gazes.

Alam kong ako ang pinag-uusapan nila.

I bit my lower lip.

“Not fun at all.” I mumbled. I glanced at Hilda and whispered. “If someone asks about me, tell them I am not feeling well.”

“Yes, my lady.” She nodded. They both escorted me to the guest room. Hilda went with with inside while Davidron continued to guard from outside. I changed into a comfortable, orange dress. Sinabihan ko muna si Davidron na magpatuloy sa pagbabantay sa labas ng silid at huwag magpapasok ng kung sinuman. Otherwise, they might doubt me if they saw that I was not here.

Hilda and I secretly went to the balcony of the Main Palace, the place where I last met the crown prince. I was careful not to catch people’s attention. Tinulungan ako ni Hilda roon. When I arrived at the balcony, she was already gone as what I expected. Sianlubong ako ng simoy ng hangin. I shielded myself with my arms. Itinatangay ng hangin ang aking buhok. I felt the wind passing by and it refreshed me. Napabuntong-hininga ako. I looked at the person idly sitting through my peripheral view. Resting while playing with the glass of alcohol.

From my view, he looks lonely.

Dumako ang kanyang tingin sa akin. His eyes squinted and his brow rose.

“Your Highness?” Pilit akong ngumiti ngunit mukhang hindi ata umabot iyon ng malawak.

I seem to be tired that much. “May I come?”

“No.” Umirap siya. He crossed his arms and faced the other way, avoiding to face me. I tilted my head. Hilaw akong napangisi.

“Very well, then. Thank you for letting me stay here.” I chuckled a bit and sat beside him.

I am tired to tease him but my body betrays me.

Agad siyang napatingin sa akin. His face is red when he turned to me.

I scoffed.

This is why I cannot seem to get enough of him, he looks cute and sexy at the same time.

“What? Wala akong sinabing ganyan!” He exclaimed. He is being frantic. Napatingin pa siya sa paligid.

I think he is being cautious not to get caught being with a girl. I am starting to assume he has a phobia or women.

“They will hear your shout.” My index finger went to my lips, signaling him to lower his voice down. He rolled his blue eyes and scoffed a bit.

“So?” Arogante niya sabi. He have calmed down.

“Your Highness is really hard to go through.” I leaned on the side arm of the chair. Napaigtad pa siya ng kaunti nang gumalaw ako. I teased him with a sly smile but he coughed to clear his throat.

“Ano naman ang ginagawa mo dito? Are you here to say that I have feelings for you again?” Suminghal siya at may sarkasmo sa kanyang tono. He was smirking at me, taunting.

Akala niya siguro ay mahihiya ako sa kanyang sinabi. That is just for his case among the two us, though.

Napatabingi ako. I gave him a blank stare.

“When did that happen? Hindi ko maalala, mahal na prinsipe.” I lied. He blinked twice.

“Huh?” Aniya, hindi makapaniwala sa aking sinabi.

“You see, I quickly forget things.” I shrugged. “When did I say that then, Your Highness?” My chin rested on my palm. I mentally chuckled seeing his flustered face.

“At the ball.” Mahina niyang sambit. He averted his gaze.

“What?” Panunuya ko.

“I said it happened at the... ball.” He reddened more. Bumaba ang kanyang mukha kaya hindi ko makita ang kaniyang reaksiyon.

I figured tears would pop from his eyes after embarrassing him that much.

Tinakpan niya ang kanyang mukha gamit ang kaliwa niyang kamay.

Wala naman iyong silbi dahil nakikita naman ang pamumula ng kanyang mga tainga.

“Did that really happen, Your Highness? Hindi ko talaga maalala.” I pushed him further.

“You... you are totally messing with me.” Nahihiya niyang sabi, may pagka-irita pa rin sa kanyang tono. His voice lowered a bit. Kumurap ako.

“I am not, Your Highness. Kung ipipilit mo talaga ay paniniwalaan kita. I know Your Highness is not the type to lie. Yes, I really have the audacity to say that you like me. Even if I do not remember, if Your Highness says so, then it must be true.” I grinned. “Kahit hindi ko lang maalala.” I repeated.

“Leave, stupid!” He suddenly turned to me with a cute expression, teary eyes and pursed lips. Napahagikgik ako.

He is just like puppy.

“The banquet is boring, though. Wala akong ibang mapupuntahan, mahal na prinsipe.” I retorted.

“Then go sleep. I will not play with you.” Walang segundo niyang sinabi. I bit the inside of my cheeks.

It is true, though. The banquet is not fun at all. Kaya nga ako tumakas at pumunta rito. I thought I can relax here, and if he is coincidentally here, I figured I should play with him as well.

“Let me stay here. I will be quiet, worry not.” I clasped my hands and plead a smile.

“No, I don’t like it. Us breathing the same air. So leave. I don’t want to be infected by you.” He snorted. Tumakas ang aking kilay.

This prince is really rude.

“What are you talking about, Your Highness?” Lumunok ako. “I thought we became closer.” I gave him an apologetic smile when I cannot suppressed my yawn. He did not took notice of it.

“Huh? What are you, stupid?! Who decided that?” He gave me glare.

“But I thought I heard you say you like me and that we have become closer that night at the ball.” I lied again. Inosenteng pumunta ang aking daliri sa aking mga labi upang mag-isip. I hummed.

“What? Kailan pa? I did not say anything about that.” Kumunot ang kanyang noo.

“That is strange. Do not tell me, Your Highness, you forgot?” A smirk rose from the side of my lips. “How can you forget it? That is... cruel.” Humina ang aking boses.

“Not only you are stupid, you are also crazy.” His remark. Umiling siya at tumayo, akmang aalis.

“Wait, Your Highness, where are you going?” Pagpigil ko dito. He just glanced.

“Far from you.”

“Hindi ba nakakainip ang banketa kung babalik ka roon, mahal na prinsipe?” I initiated that he stays here. A sudden thought came to my mind. “Do you want to have fun?” Napatigil siya. I did not hide my smile. My eyes squinted of excitement.

“What fun?” I grinned.

He will be with me all over the night.

The sound of rumbling chips and the loud voices of people. It has not been long since I first went here. I was hesitant to enter at first but I came to like this place, although Hilda and Davidron were the only ones who knows I come here.

“Casino?” Rionsky gave me an accusing look. Ngumiti lamang ako. I ended up scanning him again in his gray suit attire.

He looks fabulous. It even took minutes to force him to change his clothes. I am glad he agreed at last. We even changed our clothes to disguise as normal nobles. I even made him wear a blond wig since his green hair catches attention. I would not want the crown prince to gain attention while I am with him. Siguradong lalapit lamang ang mga tao sa kanya at mawawalan ako ng oras na asarin siya. We also wore masks beneath. Sapat na iyon.

I gave my pass to the guard.

Not all can actually enter here, those who have passes can. Ang mga may awtoridad lang ang nakakapasok at ang mga may koneksiyon sa kanila.

“Yes, it is. Do you know how to gamble, Your Highness?” I tucked my hair in my ear. His accusing look did not disappear. “Please do not look at me like that. This is not illegal. Do not worry, it is actually safe.” Sagot ko.

Well, it is true. This casino is actually managed by a marquis. It is also approved by the council so it is legal.

“Why are we here? Is it supposed to be fun?” Ignorante niyang tanong. Tumaas ng kaunti ang aking kilay.

I find it surprising that he does not know about things like this. Akala ko ay alam na niya ang mga bagay na ganito. Considering of his status, he should be at least knowledgeable in gambling or its basics.

“You have to find it out by trying it yourself, Your Highness.” Tumango pa ako. He hesitantly looked at me. I ended up pulling him at one of the tables. The gamblers even looked at us as if we are easy targets. I just ignored it and sat down to show Rionsky how it is done.

“Two pairs!” It was my card. “No pair!” Anunsiyo nila ulit. They got a hold a large sum of my chips.

“Y-You are losing...” He mumbled and gave a worried look. Nginisian ko lamang siya.

He does not get it, does he not? “Ano na ang gagawin mo?” He asked. His eyes looked at the gamblers at the table and went back to me. “Why are you so composed?” Iritadong sabi niya. I grunted a bit.

“Your Highness, the more I am losing, the more thrill and fun it is.” I gave him a glance. I bit my lip when I felt my adrenaline rushing through my veins. Nararamdaman ko ang pag-iinit ng aking mukha.

“You are crazy.” He whispered.

“Are you not the same?” My eyes squinted. He rolled his eyes at me. I let it slide and turned my attention back in my front.

Well, time to get back what I lost and make a large sum of money.

I grinned and aggressively threw my card at the table.

“Royal flush!” Suminghal lamang ako sa kanilang sinabi. The gamblers looked at with with annoyance and frustration. Nginisian ko lamang sila. I looked at Rionsky through my peripheral view. He looked flabbergasted and awed. Nang napansin niya ang tingin ko ay isinara niya ang kanyang bibig at iniwas ang tingin.

Cute.

“Do you want to try it, too?” Bulong ko sa kanya. He pursed his lips.

“...able before.”

“Yes?” Tumaas ang aking kilay nang hindi narinig ang kanyang sinabi.

“I have not gamble before.” Pag-uulit niya. I gave him a small smile.

“I shall assist you, then.” Simple kong sagot. He gave me a warning look before taking over my seat. Palingon-lingon pa siya sa akin dahil hindi niya alam ang gagawin.

He really is adorable like a puppy.

“Straight!” They announced when Rionsky showed his cards.

“That is pretty good for a beginner, Your Highness.” I clasped my hands when he looked at me again. He is still pursing his lips. He may not show it in his face but his eyes expresses amusement and fun. I continued to observe him as he is getting the gist of the game.

So he also has an amused and fun expression of him, huh? I did not really know of it since the book did not gave him a very detailed information, just brief.

“Really?” He shyly asked.

“Yes, indeed.” Tumango ako. He smirked and scoffed.

“Luck comes by my side. They cannot resist me. I might even be more great than you.” He showed off.

“Of course, you are the crown prince after all.” I flipped my hair and forced a smile. We ended up gambling all night and hoarding a some chips and exchanged it to gold coins.

“Well, what are your thoughts, Your Highness?” Tanong ko habang nasa karwahe kami papunta sa palasyo. He is quiet but I can feel his silent annoyance.

“I am never gonna do it again.” Aniya.

“Do not sulk of that little amount of money you lost, Your Highness. I am sure it is not a problem for you.” Pagpapa-alala ko. He is still mad because of the money he lost.

It was actually little and not the amount of money a royalty can normally get mad at. I guess he values money. “Oh, I see. It is the feeling of lost.” Panunuya ko. He grunte.

So it was both?

“S-Shut up! I just let my guard down, that is all.” His face reddened. He covered his face and gazed outside the window.

“Did you have fun?”

“It’s not bad.” Mahinang sagot niya.

He is still being shy about it. He should at least admit that he had fun.

“Shall we hang out some other time, then?”

“Why would I?” Agad niyang sabi. He looked at me and stopped. He cleared his throat and his blushing face came to satiate my eyes. Iniwas niya ang kanyang tingin. “Fine, I suppose so.” Silence drifted upon us as he shyly answered. “I-It’s not like I am agreeing because it was fun. I am just bored, that is all. Don’t assume that I like you over this trivial thing.” Tumaas ang kanyang boses. I gulped and looked outside the window.

“If you say so, Your Highness.” The starry scenery of the night mesmerized me. Hindi ko namalayan na nakatulog na pala ako sa loob ng karwahe.